Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Trip

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

So far this is my plan. I want to see what yu ladies think of it?

We will be driving down from ct which takes 19 hrs. so 2 days.

We will arrive at Disney on Tuesday July 2,2013 and check out on Sunday Juy 7,2013. It will be me.my husband,8yr old daughter,6yr old son,and 2yr old daughter.

We will be staying in a standard little mermaid room at are of animation and getting 5 day base tickets.

This is our park plan:

day 1: Epcot-they have extra magic hrs

day 2: Magic Kingdom-extra magic hrs

day 3: Hollywood Studios-extra magic hrs

day 4: Animal Kingdom

day5: Magic Kingdom

The kids and I will not be doing extra magic hrs, but my husband likes to go back at night and hit the bigger rides!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Refurbished
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Sounds like a good plan.  The only thing though about the extra magic hours is that the parks with them are usually the most crowded.  We tend to go to the park without the extra magic hours because many times the wait time for the rides is shorter.  However, I can see where it would be better for you if your husband wants to go back later. 

mbrowne1
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Are you getting a park hopper pass? Perhaps you could go to the parks without the magic hours since they will be less busy and then allow your husband to park hop over for the late night rides? 

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Just keep in mind that Soarin' in Epcot tends to run out of Fastpasses early and the line is usually long for it. If DH waits to ride it at night, he might not get on it.

JMO but since you'll be there in the heat and peak season, it would make sense to go back to the room for swimming or naps and then go back at night. The parks will be crowded during the day and the heat can wipe you out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Good idea... and you could even just get DH a parkhopper since he's the only one that will be going back later. 

Quoting mbrowne1:

Are you getting a park hopper pass? Perhaps you could go to the parks without the magic hours since they will be less busy and then allow your husband to park hop over for the late night rides? 

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM

That's a very busy week of the year because of July 4th.  You will want to make dining reservations early.  Make sure you get to the park right at rope drop and plan to leave early afternoon for a rest/swim time and then back to the parks.  It get's very hot there in the middle of the afternoon in July.

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I too would not go to the parks with Extra magic hours at night only the AM.....

we are going in June and also getting a room at Animation the little mermaid room I can not wait to go:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)