Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Place To Book A Disney Vacation

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello! I am trying to help my brother plan a trip to Disney World for my niece. He lives in Buffalo, NY and plans on flying for the trip. He needs a package that is just for one adult and one child. Can anybody suggest a way for him to get something at a reasonable price? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Have you gone to the disney site or called for quotes yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabesmom118
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM
He said he had and they were a little higher than he wanted to pay.
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM
If he's flexible on dates he can go during value seasons or when they are running a promo like a % discount or free dining. The All Star Resorts are the cheaper options there.
Or he can try maybe staying offsite. But Ive never done an off site trip so can't help with that

Quoting gabesmom118:

He said he had and they were a little higher than he wanted to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM
We have stayed off site all the time at hotels along 192 in kissimmee. It is right by the entrance to the parks. They are cheap.

However he needs to way all the options of on site and off site. Yes he would spend about half of what a Disney hotel would cost. But he would also have to get a rental car and pay for parking each day. I think the cost of those two would make it cost close to what a disney hotel would cost. Like the pp said about discounts or even free dining would help him save. What are the days he is looking to go? How old is your neice? If she is in school could he take her out for a few days to be ablee to go during off season and a lower crowded time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
If he doesn't mind staying offsite, bookit.com is offering 2 days of tickets for free when you buy 3 days and book your hotel/condo through them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_AP
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I use Pixie Vacations (Michele) and she's fantastic and getting the best deals. she even looked online at like Travelocity and Orbitz and stuff for plane ticket prices for us (not commissionable, just good service!)

mbrowne1
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I agree that by the time you rent a car and pay for gas and parking, staying on site at a value resort may work out to be about the same price. Taking advantage of specials is also key to getting a good deal on a WDW stay. I love going during value season when they are also offering the free dining plan. Lowest cost for the hotel and free food can't be beat, plus I feel you get more for your money as the crowd level is also really low then and you don't have to wait long to get on rides.

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I live in Niagara Falls. Have him talk to a AAA travel agent or a Disney Travel agent, They found better prices than I could online for packages

gabesmom118
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Thank you everyone! He wants to go during Spring Break (April 4th-April 8th). I told him the crowds were going to be ridiculous. But it's what he wants! My niece is 8 and will be out of school.
supermomz25
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I used http://www.getawaytoday.com/. they got me a great deal on disney tickets and hotel. I think that they also can add airline tickets too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)