Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plannng a trip

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 26 Replies

To go to walt disney world in oct. When is the best time to purchase our tickets? When do they offer the free dining plans? Should i wait to purchase my tickets until then. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I would keep waiting and see what deals are offered. Not sure what.will be available in October because of halloween the Food And Wine Festival which is very popular but you never know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Ok thank you.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I would keep waiting and see what deals are offered. Not sure what.will be available in October because of halloween the Food And Wine Festival which is very popular but you never know.

patnic
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Go to faq on mousesavers.com  She has a chart of the history of free dining for the past several years.  She tells you the dates offered and when the free dining became available.  That should give you an indication.

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

You can book your reservation at anytime, and adjust it if/when the fall deals come out. There is a 'black out' period in October surrounding Canadian Thanksgiving. This year, from what I could find online, it would be roughly the 6th-19th. I changed my plans to the 20th-26th of Oct after I found that out.

Historically, the past 3 years have had free dining from Sept-Nov, with the exception of those two weeks in October. They have also offered 15-30% off room rates. You only get to choose one. The type of dining you get depends on the hotels you are staying in.

Value gets Quick Service, and I believe Moderate-Deluxe get Table Service. However, there has been talk on Disboards that Disney may be offering less free dining this year, and possibly offering nothing to Value, and QS to Moderate. Nothing to back that up yet, but that's been a topic over there.

Here is the Mousesavers chart:

www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts

Sorry, I can't make it clicky.

**Edit to add: The past few years, there has been free dining offered for Jan-early March visits. So far for 2013, there has not been free dining. :(

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I think they were offering the free dining to get people to like it more. That way they could lesson the option more but hopefully people would like the convenience enough to pay OOP for it. Although people have learned that that isnt always the best plan. 

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

You can book your reservation at anytime, and adjust it if/when the fall deals come out. There is a 'black out' period in October surrounding Canadian Thanksgiving. This year, from what I could find online, it would be roughly the 6th-19th. I changed my plans to the 20th-26th of Oct after I found that out.

Historically, the past 3 years have had free dining from Sept-Nov, with the exception of those two weeks in October. They have also offered 15-30% off room rates. You only get to choose one. The type of dining you get depends on the hotels you are staying in.

Value gets Quick Service, and I believe Moderate-Deluxe get Table Service. However, there has been talk on Disboards that Disney may be offering less free dining this year, and possibly offering nothing to Value, and QS to Moderate. Nothing to back that up yet, but that's been a topic over there.

www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts

**Edit to add: The past few years, there has been free dining offered for Jan-early March visits. So far for 2013, there has not been free dining. :(

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM

When are planning on going?  

There is a great website called www.myfirstvisit.net.

Also I like www.easywdw.com.

If you are going to do a discounted package, then you have to buy the tickets with the package.  

momkaribg
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Ok thanks for all the info. I will check out that site.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I am aiming to arrive oct 5th and stay for 8 days.

Quoting spunky946:

If you are going to do a discounted package, then you have to buy the tickets with the package.  

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

If there are any deals they will probably come out mid summer.  If you book a package now with a room and dining, you can apply the discount as long as there is availability at your resort.  

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting spunky946:

momkaribg
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Ok thanks for the help. I am super excited to take my boys.

Quoting spunky946:

If there are any deals they will probably come out mid summer.  If you book a package now with a room and dining, you can apply the discount as long as there is availability at your resort.  

Quoting momkaribg:

Quoting spunky946:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)