Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Dining plans?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 57 Replies
What dining plans do you all go with? Do you make reservations for every night in advance?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM

HA! I have *NO* idea yet!

RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
We always do the regular dining plan. With the one Table Service, one Quick Service and one snack. It works really well for our family. And we make reservations at the 180 day in advance mark
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tara922c
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We have done the basic dining plan twice and no dining plan once. All three time we made advance dining reservations for all of our sit down dinners. Dhwill only go to Disney will the dining plan. I don't think you really save that much money, but it is nice knowing you have all your meals paid for in advance. Disney food is not cheap, and not having to pay 40 bucks for 3 people to eat at a fast food type establishment made it worth it. Of course, we really did pay for it, but we didn't think about it at the time. I like the dining plan because DH is cheap and I don't have to listen to him complain about the food prices or suggest to eat PB&J in our room, lol. The dining plan was plenty of food for us, and we even had a few quick service credits left when we checked out. We always drive, so we stopped by downtown disney to pick up a few sandwiches and didn't have to stop to eat on the way home.

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We have only done the dining plan once a we did the regular one which worked out geaylt. We have done some reservations in the past and some on the fly. Usually reservations though
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Same here. Any snack credits left, I buy treats at the resort to take home with us.

In doing the math, it almost always works out to our advantage. There are a few restaurants where it might not but for the most part it does.

Quoting Rychelle:

We always do the regular dining plan. With the one Table Service, one Quick Service and one snack. It works really well for our family. And we make reservations at the 180 day in advance mark
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Thanks for the response. I know we are definitely doing a plan just not sure which one yet.

Quoting Tara922c:

We have done the basic dining plan twice and no dining plan once. All three time we made advance dining reservations for all of our sit down dinners. Dhwill only go to Disney will the dining plan. I don't think you really save that much money, but it is nice knowing you have all your meals paid for in advance. Disney food is not cheap, and not having to pay 40 bucks for 3 people to eat at a fast food type establishment made it worth it. Of course, we really did pay for it, but we didn't think about it at the time. I like the dining plan because DH is cheap and I don't have to listen to him complain about the food prices or suggest to eat PB&J in our room, lol. The dining plan was plenty of food for us, and we even had a few quick service credits left when we checked out. We always drive, so we stopped by downtown disney to pick up a few sandwiches and didn't have to stop to eat on the way home.

buffalove23
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
We always do the dining plan and always make reservations 180 days in advance. It's great not worrying how much things cost or carrying money around, everything goes right on our card.
momkaribg
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
It's a lot to figure out lol

Quoting RutterMama:

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I went with the regular for our trip in oct. I am hoping for free dining, but counting on paying. If yje regular meal plan is free, I am upgrading to delux so we can do 3 meals a day without spending oop. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN