Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Goal Setting: $400/month

Posted by   + Show Post

My budget started with $1500. My goal was $400/month from January-October. That would put me at $5500 for our vacation. The booked trip is $3400, but no fall discounts are applied yet, so I'm hoping to wittle it down to around $3000.

January is almost done, so how have I done so far?

My paypal is up to $708, and that's after $275 was put towards the downpayment. That puts me at almost $1000 already earned. I do web graphics to sell on Facebook, and aside from the initial $1500, all of the trip will be provided by what I earn.

I must be REALLY motivated, though, because I have never had a $600 month, let alone a nearly $1000 month! If I can repeat this in February, the actual trip will be paid off, leaving me from March to October for spending money.

I'm so excited!

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (11-13):
Missy13d69
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Your doing great! I need to get out my savings passbook and add everything up. We cut a lot of "extra" spending out and saved the money for Disney "extras".

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

I wound up with $825 in PP, plus the $275 I paid out, so my January savings were $1100!

I also have $150 set aside from DH's bonus last week, and about $200 to set aside from selling an ipad (it hasn't sold yet). When taxes come in, that'll be another $1500. That will put me at a total of $2725 towards the vacation. I owe around $3300 right now, but no discounts yet, so hopefully it will go down :)

Excitedforbaby
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Great job!!

laurag8707
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN