Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

MyMagic+

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

Has everyone heard of the new MyMagic+ wristbands?

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13087.html

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Yes I have heard about them.

I know they will drive us nuts. My husband hates wrist bands. And so do my kids. I think for people so stay an extended time, it sucks. I don't want to wear a wrist band for two weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I have no problem with wristbands as we need them at some of the all inclusive resorts we go to. However I would be less than thrilled about big brother or in this case the mouse watching my every move. Plus would not be so sure that they would be security protected with credit card info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missy13d69
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I know congress is concerned over what data the intend to collect from children, they even wrote a letter asking for Disney to clarify.

http://markey.house.gov/sites/markey.house.gov/files/documents/Letter%20--%20Disney%20--%201-24-13.pdf

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I am guessing that they don't need to be worn to be used. My gym, and hubby's office both work on RFID chips, and as long as the chip is in proximity, it will go through. I can not stand having anything at all around my wrists. It's a sensory issue for me, and I know my 11yo will have the same problem. I'm planning to attach them either to a belt loop, or my lanyard if we can.

I wonder if they will issue key cards if they are requested.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

While I have not heard about Disney' bands, we had wristbands at Great Wolf Lodge last year.  For the three days/two nights we were there, it was fine.  The kids bands did not have chips in them, so they could not open doors, buy things, etc that the adult band did.  The adult bands were plastic, hospital type bands, while the kids were the Tyvek paper type.  I would be concernd that for an extended stay they mey try to come off and then your info would really be out there for anyone.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Disney still hasnt answered if they are optional or not. As for wearing them you do not have to. You can put them on a lanyard, your bag or even a belt loop. I dont see what the big deal is they do the same thing the KTTW card does now. As for purchase and protection you create a pin number that you use if you purchase anything $50 or more. I am hoping they have them out when we go in May. The fastpass + is a bit much to me but might not be so bad using the app and booking your fastpasses while at the park. I think the bands could really be a good idea for kids. If CM could scan them if the child is lost with a cell number on file so they could call the parents. Would really help. The GPS thing I have heard about not sure if it is in the band or not but if it is I think that is just over doing it. No reason really to have that. Unless they used it with kids and only for security reasons. Like it the child is missing and hasnt gone to a CM or they cant find the child either. 

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Disney responded to the congressman's letter. http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_Disney_News/Disney_CEO_replies_to_Congressman.htm?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM

We will be going in July.  I would hate to 'have' to wear it for a week and not be able to take it off in that heat.  It sounds like it will be optional.  It is a nice idea for those who don't want to take anything but themselves into the parks.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
This is only the beginning there is talk that later they will have key chains or lanyards that you can use.

Quoting nova.mommy:

We will be going in July.  I would hate to 'have' to wear it for a week and not be able to take it off in that heat.  It sounds like it will be optional.  It is a nice idea for those who don't want to take anything but themselves into the parks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Good.

Quoting angelmom224:

This is only the beginning there is talk that later they will have key chains or lanyards that you can use.

Quoting nova.mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)