Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Has everyone heard of the new MyMagic+ wristbands?

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13087.html

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (11-16):
Mom2MikeynLando
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I'm a little concerned about these. My son is 7 but has developmental disabilities, and puts everything in his mouth (he's like an infant mindset) and has been hospitalized before and will chew the darn things.  I really hope they are optional or I hope i could wear both his and mine (he never leaves my sight).

We leave on the 20th of February and are so excited!

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
From what I have heard they probably won't be available yet. They are starting with one hotel at a time. It is optional but you can also wear his our just keep it in a bag. Disney has said no one has to wear it. I have three kids with disabilities and I know they would never wear them so I will just keep theirs in the bag.

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

I'm a little concerned about these. My son is 7 but has developmental disabilities, and puts everything in his mouth (he's like an infant mindset) and has been hospitalized before and will chew the darn things.  I really hope they are optional or I hope i could wear both his and mine (he never leaves my sight).

We leave on the 20th of February and are so excited!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are photos of what the wrist bands are going to look like- they are not the same as the Great Wolf Lodge bracelets- these are meant to hold up longer and be able to be removed at the end of the night, rather than being stuck with it on.

Missy13d69
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I wonder if they will be available for all guests, or only resort guests.

Missy13d69
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Just read more about it. It really isn't as convenient as I thought it was going to be...You can only use it to pay for things under $50. I was thinking that if you could connect a CC to it, it would be really awesome for paying for meals and not having to carry our CC. (Pre-pay. We aren't accruing debt on our trip...) Our meals will all be over $50. FP+ sounds like a nightmare...I can't imagine having to make FP reservations 180 in advance like ADRs. I'm sure it won't be 180 days, but still...

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I agree, though I don't plan to use my room key to charge, so that doesn't bother me. But yes, I think it's insane to plan fast passes earlier than maybe a day before hand. Weather, kids temperaments, how tired the family is- lots of things can change over night. 

Quoting Missy13d69:

Just read more about it. It really isn't as convenient as I thought it was going to be...You can only use it to pay for things under $50. I was thinking that if you could connect a CC to it, it would be really awesome for paying for meals and not having to carry our CC. (Pre-pay. We aren't accruing debt on our trip...) Our meals will all be over $50. FP+ sounds like a nightmare...I can't imagine having to make FP reservations 180 in advance like ADRs. I'm sure it won't be 180 days, but still...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN