Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

BBB Bummer. :(

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 22 Replies

So, we're going to Disney at the end of September. I will have a 5.5 year old and an almost 3 year old, both girls. Peyton will be a few weeks shy of her 3rd birthday. I read that the BBB is for ages 3+.. I called and they said they are very strict about it now because so many people abused the system. They told me they have been asking to see park tickets for anyone that looks 3 and under. :/ I'm so bummed. BBB & eating at Cinderellas castle was what I was looking forward to most for my girls. Idk what to do, should I still let my 5 year old do it? We were just going to do the 55$ package so I was just bringing dresses. Sould I just bring Peyton a dress, the let kaylee do the whole BBB thing? Or just skip it all together, because i really dont want her to be left out? We plan on doing an appointment before the park opens so there won't really be anything for my 2 year old to do during that time (I don't think). Any ideas?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mbrowne1
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I was able to purchase one of the small crowns in  a local store (Sam Moon)  and ended up doing my own version of BBB in our hotel room for my daughter. Maybe something like that would work for your youngest or even for both of your girls?

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
They used to not be as strict and than the little kids wouldn't sit still, caused a ruckus. Made the whole place a zoo. They were running late, etc. a lot of two year olds just won't sit still and follow directions when getting the hair and makeup.

I personally would pass as it could cause issues with your kids or maybe call a local hair salon and see if they can give your kids some sort of fancy updo. Alot of hair places do kids birthday parties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I was considering it when we went in aug but my youngest was two mo shy of three. I skipped it cause she's a bigger princess fan then my 6yo. It wasn't fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristensMoM305
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Quoting mbrowne1:

I was able to purchase one of the small crowns in  a local store (Sam Moon)  and ended up doing my own version of BBB in our hotel room for my daughter. Maybe something like that would work for your youngest or even for both of your girls?

I took my then 4 year old to the park when they first started that & it was a nightmare. We were pricing it & it was well over $200 when all said and done, after accessories. We are meeting DD's godfather and his family there at the end of May & we are going to local Disney Store and getting everything here. Then the day before we paint her nails, the morning of we get her ready ourselves & then saved $100 to spend in the park. She's 6 now so it is also easier to reason with her

mupt02
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

You could also take them to the Harmony Barber Shop.  They can get colored hair gel and pixie dust.

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I don't know if they'll do that under three. That aren't allowed to do the pixie dust for under 3 I know for sure.

Quoting mupt02:

You could also take them to the Harmony Barber Shop.  They can get colored hair gel and pixie dust.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I would do something in your room for both girls- the make up used is 'kiddie' makeup. They use glitter, but glitter hair spray will work great. If either girl has long enough hair, learn how to do a sock bun- it isn't the same, but it's super easy to do and you can adjust the size by using smaller, kid size socks.

Before leaving for Disney, maybe see if a local salon will do their nails up- as long as you can keep your 2yo still, they will likely be able to do it, and will have a lot more options than BBB has.

On the day of, get them all dressed up and done up in your room before heading out, complete with crowns for the princesses.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM

All the hair supplies they use for the BBB are sold in the store too. If you go to the big store at DTD where the BBB is they have all the hair accessories right there. You can do just as good of a job as the BBB. Its mostly the experience that you really pay for. If your girls really want to do it it will be something they can look forward to doing on the next trip. 

crwspringer
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Did you check out the mermaid makeovers at the pirates league. Dd did that last year and I know for a fact that there were little boys in there getting pirate makeovers that were under three. One boy barely was walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Pretty sure Pirate's League is also 3+, though. They used to allow under 3 for most stuff, but I think they are starting to crack down on it more.

Quoting crwspringer:

Did you check out the mermaid makeovers at the pirates league. Dd did that last year and I know for a fact that there were little boys in there getting pirate makeovers that were under three. One boy barely was walking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)