Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

We just got back but I REALLY want to go again, soon! Like this summer maybe.

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

With so much negative crap going on in the world Disney is my something to look forward to and keeps me going. We are far from rich, we live paycheck to paycheck most of the time but I am determined to get back to Disney soon! I love that when we're there, for that one week we can be worry free and just be 'one of the kids'. Our trip went by way too fast, being back to reality and the real world sucks lol.

I'm thinking Disneyland this time around, my kids have not been there yet and my brother recently moved an hour away from there so we now have an 'excuse' to go to Disney again ;) 

Anyone know of any Disneyland deals for this summer? Originally I wanted to Stay at the Grand Californian (I stayed there a few years ago and loved it) but I am open to other hotels/resorts in walking distance to the park, anyone know of which hotels/resorts are really close by? Like a 5 minute walk? 

Thanks

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what your saying :)

we are going to WDW in 2 sleeps and then today I just booked our next trip to WDW for June lol but we'll be moving to Las Vegas in 2014 but we'll only be 5 hours from DL :)

after this next trip ( JUNE ) I am going to have to get going on gettin to know  all about DL and CAA :)

mabdallah
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Make sure you start booking now if you want a good hotel within walking distance. A lot of the hotels in the Anaheim resort area have raised their prices because tourism is doing so well with the new carsland the the economy doing better. Do not feel obligated to stay on Disney property because there are many great hotels even closer than the Disneyland and Paradise Pier Hotels, such as; Best Western, Tropicana, Fairfield to name a few, We usually stay at the HOJO across the street on Harbor, its our favorite.
Also do not buy the dining plan, we usually just load money onto gift cards before our trip and just plan accordingly. If you want to do a character meal, Blue Bayou, and Carthay Circle you should have dining reservations those can be made 60 days out. Other sit down restaurants I found not to hard to get into the day of. We usually do 3 to 4 days in the park and then tack on a beach day. love love Huntington beach. Any question feel free to ask there are many here that are Disneyland people or probably know more than me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
djsmommy13
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
U can get a cheap hotel in walking distance for about $60 a night but the grand hotel is almost $400 a night they have a nice Howard Johnson for about $130 a night I have a season pass and go just about every month u can ask me anything if u want
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We leave for Disneyland in 3 weeks and we love it there. We have a trip planned next February for disneyworld. Since we live in Washington it is much closer to go to Disneyland. We have stayed in a couple hotels just across the street and found them easier than the ones you have go ride shuttles too since then you have to unpack and fold your stroller while usually carrying a sleeping kid onto the shuttle. They are a lot cheaper than one of the Disney hotels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.LoVeMyBuG.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

First of all, I am so jealous. I wish we lived somewhere warm and with things to do! 

When is the best time to go to Disneyland with the lowest crowds but still warm (74-80's) we want to be able to do a little swimming while there but not be super hot either! And I hate crowds, I tried to pick a good time to go to WDW (first week of December) and either it was an off year or something because it was super busy. I have been in May before and loved it, very low crowd but this may is not do-able and next may is too far out lol. Anyway, we were thinking either last week in August (or would that just be miserable hot??) or Sep 17th-22nd or the last week of Sep. Or possibly even October but I hear mixed things with October (hot and humid, rain, etc.)  

sorry for the ramble and bad gramer, I'm to tired to care at the moment lol. Thanks for the hotel tip, I think we will go with a cheaper place to stay this time since we wont be there much anyway. Whats the closed one in to the entrance of the parks? I don't want to have to walk too far with the kids when were already going to have enough walking in the park. 

Thank you :) 

Quoting djsmommy13:

U can get a cheap hotel in walking distance for about $60 a night but the grand hotel is almost $400 a night they have a nice Howard Johnson for about $130 a night I have a season pass and go just about every month u can ask me anything if u want

djsmommy13
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Either way u will have to walk through down town Disney but a lot of the hotels offer shuttles for pretty cheap I'm stayin at ramada thats real close and it's $100 a night but they also have like motel six that is half the price. I went in September of last year and it was pretty busy I would recommend April
.LoVeMyBuG.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM

April? Really? I thought April was really busy because of spring break and Easter? 

Quoting djsmommy13:

Either way u will have to walk through down town Disney but a lot of the hotels offer shuttles for pretty cheap I'm stayin at ramada thats real close and it's $100 a night but they also have like motel six that is half the price. I went in September of last year and it was pretty busy I would recommend April

mabdallah
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Actually there are many hotels on Harbor Blvd. That are within walking distance less than 10 min and these hotels you do not have to go through Downtown Disney. You actually end up in the esplanade ( the area between Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure). If you continue further past the parks you will get to Downtown Disney. Look at hotels in this area such as the Best Western Park Place Inn that is right across the street I would say a 5 min walk to the main gates.

Quoting djsmommy13:

patnic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I feel the exact same way.  I belong to other groups in CM and this is my escape.  Life is not all rose gardens in my life and Disney truly is my escape.  We were there in October and I want to go back this summer.

Good luck with Disneyland.  I thought about going there as well, but the plane tickets are too expensive from Michigan.  I'm seriously thinking of going with or without my husband!  Of course, I'll bring the kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN