Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Oh what the heck, let's go

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 21 Replies

We're going to Disneyland. Why not? I just decided I'm going to take my daughter on a Mommy-Daughter trip late next month while my husband is on DET for the military. We're WDW vets, we've never been to Disneyland, so this will be a 1st.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I am with you I have been to WDW to DL as a kid and a teen the last time I went was in 2006! sorry I can not help you too much but I have been looking at it b/c we'll be moving out west next summer and OMG it's so hard to see what they have lol

Supervane
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Awesome
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Have fun.

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I can't figure out where to stay now. :-( I'd like to stay at a Disney owned hotel so I can get Monday EMH for Cars Land, but OMFG it's just as expensive to stay at a Disney hotel in Cali with half of the benefits of staying at a Disney hotel in Orlando. The non-Disney owned hotels across the street are actually closer to the main entrance. 

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Sounds like several people are planning DL trips. Sounds like it will be a fun time.
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Yeah. They are expensive. We stayed at the Grand Californian June 2011. At that time Magic Mornings as they are called out here were only Tuesday, Thursday, and some Saturdays. Getting in to California Adventure was super easy. Make sure to check which days they have Magic Morning to fit in with your schedule. When are you looking at going? I live in NorCal and go twice a year so maybe I could give you some tips.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I can't figure out where to stay now. :-( I'd like to stay at a Disney owned hotel so I can get Monday EMH for Cars Land, but OMFG it's just as expensive to stay at a Disney hotel in Cali with half of the benefits of staying at a Disney hotel in Orlando. The non-Disney owned hotels across the street are actually closer to the main entrance. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Next month, the 24th-27th. I want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but even with a 35% discount it's more than double to stay there than a good neighbor hotel across the street, and they have free breakfast and 3rd night free specials as well. The DCA magic morning is on Monday while we're there.

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Yeah. They are expensive. We stayed at the Grand Californian June 2011. At that time Magic Mornings as they are called out here were only Tuesday, Thursday, and some Saturdays. Getting in to California Adventure was super easy. Make sure to check which days they have Magic Morning to fit in with your schedule. When are you looking at going? I live in NorCal and go twice a year so maybe I could give you some tips.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM
We'll be there March 3-8. Got annual passes. We usually stay at this little family owned place about two miles away. They've got one bedroom apartments which is great for saving a bit of money. Yeah, we have to pay for parking but it's worth it since it only costs $ 400-600 a week depending on the time of year. I know AP magic mornings are Saturdays this year, but we never go on the weekend since it's so crowded. But I have convinced my hubby to stay for a Friday so I can see fantasmic and world of color.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Next month, the 24th-27th. I want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but even with a 35% discount it's more than double to stay there than a good neighbor hotel across the street, and they have free breakfast and 3rd night free specials as well. The DCA magic morning is on Monday while we're there.

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Crap, do they not do Fantasmic and WOC every night?

ETA: Whew, just looked. Fantasmic is on Sunday night and WOC is Monday and Tuesday. 

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

We'll be there March 3-8. Got annual passes. We usually stay at this little family owned place about two miles away. They've got one bedroom apartments which is great for saving a bit of money. Yeah, we have to pay for parking but it's worth it since it only costs $ 400-600 a week depending on the time of year. I know AP magic mornings are Saturdays this year, but we never go on the weekend since it's so crowded. But I have convinced my hubby to stay for a Friday so I can see fantasmic and world of color.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I'm glad. DO NOT miss Fantasmic. It has just gotten better over the years. I see it every year. World od Color is nice, haven't seen it since they added the interactive ears. We were all set, sitting in our spots and there was a malfunction. So we didn't get to see it when we were there in September. Get there early for Fantasmic. If you wait for the later show just shove your way to the front as soon as they'll let you in. I've got little ones so I use my stroller as an advantage. Don't know how things are in WDW but the people here can be rude. Kinda makes me sad. If you don't stake your claim quickly you'll lose your chance.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Crap, do they not do Fantasmic and WOC every night?

ETA: Whew, just looked. Fantasmic is on Sunday night and WOC is Monday and Tuesday. 

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN