Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Anyone have the crowd calendar for DisneyLAND? Google keeps showing me Disney World :(

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to get crowd  info. for October 2013, can anyone help me out please :)

And does anyone know what the weather is like the first couple weeks in October?  

Thank you! 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-busy-crowd-times/

The site above lists a break down by the week. It lists weekdays in October as least busy, and weekends as Moderately busy. 

.LoVeMyBuG.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Thank you. I'll check it out, it's looking like were sticking with September- I know, I'll get crap for this but it's what works best for us. 

mabdallah
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Actually I would look at last years crowd levels. It seems more and more Disneyland has been busy year round. people have tried touring plans however they have been off. Due to Carsland its been harder to predict. the first week after labor day is typically not as busy as October. The first weekend in October is Goth days, and it seem the weeks following Utah schools have a break and it can get more crowded. We went in 2008 and it seemed just as busy as the summer. I guess I will compare this October trip 8- 11 to our last trip August 2012.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM
disneyland is more crowded year around and touring plan during califorina winter months are harder to predict, reason being is locals hate the rain

example i am at dl this week. sunday should have been an 6 because sat and sun are always 6-8, but it rained and locals cant drive in the rain so park was empty like maybe a 2, but mon-wed tour said 2 but our weather got better and as it got warmer we got more crowds. monday was pushing a 3 tuesday was a solid 3 and yesterday i would say was a 3.5. during school times you hardly get above a 4, except on friday, as school lets out the locals come. So i would say in aug tour more than likely has the crowd calender right in oct its rare but we do get rain.

it used to be the wed after labor day was dead as it was the first day of school for everyone and no one wanted thirr child missing tbe first day, but now some schools start in aug around here so that affected the crowds.

Quoting mabdallah:

Actually I would look at last years crowd levels. It seems more and more Disneyland has been busy year round. people have tried touring plans however they have been off. Due to Carsland its been harder to predict. the first week after labor day is typically not as busy as October. The first weekend in October is Goth days, and it seem the weeks following Utah schools have a break and it can get more crowded. We went in 2008 and it seemed just as busy as the summer. I guess I will compare this October trip 8- 11 to our last trip August 2012.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mabdallah
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Thanks so much I really did not know totally why, I guess being from Seattle I have a hard time imagining rain getting in the way. But that us up her in the Pacific NW. Lol
However snowpeasmom have u ever done the Mickeys Not So Scary Trick or treat party at Disneyland and how crowded do those get?

Quoting snowpeasmom:

disneyland is more crowded year around and touring plan during califorina winter months are harder to predict, reason being is locals hate the rain

example i am at dl this week. sunday should have been an 6 because sat and sun are always 6-8, but it rained and locals cant drive in the rain so park was empty like maybe a 2, but mon-wed tour said 2 but our weather got better and as it got warmer we got more crowds. monday was pushing a 3 tuesday was a solid 3 and yesterday i would say was a 3.5. during school times you hardly get above a 4, except on friday, as school lets out the locals come. So i would say in aug tour more than likely has the crowd calender right in oct its rare but we do get rain.

it used to be the wed after labor day was dead as it was the first day of school for everyone and no one wanted thirr child missing tbe first day, but now some schools start in aug around here so that affected the crowds.

Quoting mabdallah:

babynurse244
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
We got to DL a lot. It has gotten unpredictable. The crowds in CARSWorld were ridiculous. The early weeks of October are usually really nice as far as weather and crowds go, and whoever said locals don't like rain was correct. We went during Christmas break because it was the only time we could go, on a Saturday. There was hardly anyone there and it was drizzling. We had the best time. Walked on all of the rides. No waits for anything. Of course fireworks were cancelled, but we had a great time anyway.
snowpeasmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
i have done them in sept and oct. i also have gone for the day and not attended. in sept they tend to be les crowded than oct, the oarks themselves are emptier during the day than when the party us actually going on though, at lease durong the week, and ironically holloween day at the park is empty, but at night its a mad house

Quoting mabdallah:

Thanks so much I really did not know totally why, I guess being from Seattle I have a hard time imagining rain getting in the way. But that us up her in the Pacific NW. Lol

However snowpeasmom have u ever done the Mickeys Not So Scary Trick or treat party at Disneyland and how crowded do those get?

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting mabdallah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN