Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Animal Kingdom Eats?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 10 Replies

When we go this summer, we will eat lunch or dinner in or around AK.  We have even thought about going to DTD for a sit down dinner.  We got the regular dinning plan, so we are looking for the best place in AK for TS lunch and then do a QS dinner at DTD or resort(POFQ) or a QS lunch in AK and then a TS dinner in or near AK or DTD.

We are not big breakfast eaters, so we eat in the room as others are getting ready for the day.  For lunch we prefer to stay in the park.  And since they close the park early, dinner can be anywhere.

What are your suggestions?  When we went in 2011 it was only for 4 nights.  We were going to do AK on our last day, but we were able to get into Akershus for lunch so we did the World Showcase and DTD instead.  This summer we are going for 7 nights, so at least one day we are going to AK.  So suggest away, I have no idea!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

In Animal Kingdom we ALWAYS eat at the QS spot Flame Tree BBQ.  We ate at the sit down Yak & Yeti a few years back and we didn't like it.  We've also done the Tusker House Character Breakfast which they do have a lunch one too.  I might suggest maybe trying to get a lunch reservation there.  People seem to enjoy the food at lunch too.  

For QS at DTD we always eat at Earl of Sandwich twice a trip and Wolfgang Puck Express.  WPE is a good deal on the dining plan since its almost sit down potion size food for a QS credit.  

mbrowne1
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM

For QS our family always goes to the Yak and Yeti counter service area. My husband's choice is the Beef Lo-Mein and I adore the Mandarin Chicken Salad. The kids meals are just okay but we really go for my salad :) 

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM

The only place we ate there was Tusker House for breakfast, and then a snack shop in Dinoland. 

We did also eat at the DTD Rainforest Cafe (as well as having eaten at one here in MI twice) and really liked it. It's a big bonus to me that they have a much larger menu to choose from. It also accepts the dining plan. 

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Flame Tree BBQ is yummy in AK and is the place we normally eat.  DTD we like House of Blues, Cap'n Jack's, Earl of Sandwich, Cooke's of Dublin and Raglan Road.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Flame tree BBQ in AK is by far the best qs in all of Disney!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM

What about Boma at AKL?  I have heard some good things about it.  Is it worth trying for dinner?  

buffalove23
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I love flame tree BBQ for qs in ak. Earl of sandwich for qs in dtd and raglan road for ts in dtd.
minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Boma at akl was our favorite breakfast year and three only one we are repeating. We are also doing tusker house breakfast for characters and i have heard the food is great. Did yak and yeti qs and it was fine, i would try it if you like American Chinese food our go get the flame tree if you prefer bbq.
elasmimi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM

We did not care for Boma, but most people seemed to like it. Tusker house breakfast is wonderful, and I assume their lunch would be, too.

Quoting nova.mommy:

What about Boma at AKL?  I have heard some good things about it.  Is it worth trying for dinner?  

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
We like Cooks outside/next to Raglan Road. We sit outside and its QS not TS.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Flame Tree BBQ is yummy in AK and is the place we normally eat.  DTD we like House of Blues, Cap'n Jack's, Earl of Sandwich, Cooke's of Dublin and Raglan Road.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)