Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thrill rides and kids

Posted by   + Show Post

I am taking ds who is almost 4 to disney world in a month (wahoo) but I am not sure how to handle the bigger rides this year. Last time he went we wasn't tall enough to ride any of the bigger rides but now tat he is over 40  inches he can ride splash mountain, big thunder, soarin and a few other thrill rides. I have shown him videos of the rides on youtube and explained they are fast and have big drops and he says he wants to go on them. I am just a little nervous because he is so young and I don't think he really understands what I mean by fast and big drops. I am really afraid he wont get it untill we are on the actual ride and it is too late. Im scared I am going to traumatize  and scare him by him not being able to get off and have to finish the ride even if he hates it.  How would you handle this? Should I start with a certain ride and work our way up if he likes it ? (which ones would be best??) Or do you just have them go on and hope for the best?! Any advice or tips would be apperciated!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Replies (21-24):
snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
no you dont. in california the only42 inch rides ar cali are bear rapids, and now the matterhorn.

Quoting djsmommy13:

All those rides in Cali u have to be 42 inches
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erd820
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips!!  I was worried I was being a bad mom by letting him try them and if he hated them it would be my fault. I forgot about the goofy roller coaster, that might be a good one.  It makes me feel so much better hearing other little kids that have tried them or at least not been traumtized by them.  Ill have to report back and tell you guys how it went, I can't wait!

beaugrl0824
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM
My DD rode everything she could and loved it. My husband and her did splash mountain 4 times on Halloween night. They never even got off because there was no one in line.

Ds rode the barnstormer with us and loved it. He's only 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_AP
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

We just did this with DD4 at DL. She screamed the whole way through Space Mountain, but I think I didn't prepare her enough for the dark. BTMRR was closed, so was SM, boo :( But she LOVED Star Tours and went on it a bunch of times. She was close to the height for Goofy's SKy School in CA, and I Think she would've liked it.

Just let him know that once he's on he's on but he is always safe, and that if he doesn't want to go again he doesn't have to. If you don't show your anxiety about him he will be fine until its too late to do anything about it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)