Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

I had to laugh...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

I looked at my trip ticker today(Saturday the 2nd).  It said 4 month, 4 weeks and 1 day until we get to WDW...

OK, maybe I have been taught wrong all these years but doesn't a Month = 4 Weeks?  Yes I realize some months are longer or shorter than 4 weeks.  But in the end don't they all average to that?

laughing

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missy13d69
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Goofy isn't it? It must count a month as 30 days, so any amount of days under 30 it counts as weeks and days. That count still seems off to me for July 1st. Maybe I need more sleep. lol

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
No, that's correct. There are more than 4 weeks in every month except February so it should say more than 4 weeks almost every month at some point.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM
February in non leap years is the only month with 4 weeks. The rest are 4 weeks and 2 days or 4 weeks and 3 days. 4 weeks equals 28 days just as 1 week equals 7 days.

A counter does not count the average number of days (which is actually 4 weeks and 2.4 days) but the actual number of days in the actual months it is counting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We are taking the train down and leave on the 30th of June.  I can't rember which day I actually used.  Either way, we are on our way there so I geuss it counts.

Quoting Missy13d69:

Goofy isn't it? It must count a month as 30 days, so any amount of days under 30 it counts as weeks and days. That count still seems off to me for July 1st. Maybe I need more sleep. lol

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
There are 12 months, if they were all only 4 weeks that would only be 48 weeks in a year, which we know there are 52 so obviously every month has to be longer than 4 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Lol! Yep your right :)
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Quoting nova.mommy:

When we went we took the train down too.I enjoyed it,except we were expecting the seats to lounge back more and it was not very comfortable.Plus the meals were more costly and there were some sloby people on the train going down that kept making a mess of the bathrooms,but not on the train coming back.

We would go again on the train,but hopefully will be able to afford the extra expense on getting a room,where you can lay down,have a private bathroom and the meal is included.
:)
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

The coah seat were not the most comfortable but they were better than the tiny space on a plane.  We are getting roomettes this time. There are 4 of us.  2 roomettes that hold 2 people were cheaper than 1 family bedroom that we can all be in.  Our dinner and breakfast was and is included, they also had some complimentary snacks, fruit and coffee/tea in the lounge car. They also had cold water there for free.  For Lunch when we leave, there is a Shopper's super market just past the train depot(within 1/2 mile), that has salad bar and hot bar.  We also are only few miles from the station, so when packing our own we didn't have to worry about it still being good.  I thought the shop in station was a bit high, but it also had those items you may need for the trip and forgot.  

Quoting dfollin:

Quoting nova.mommy:

When we went we took the train down too.I enjoyed it,except we were expecting the seats to lounge back more and it was not very comfortable.Plus the meals were more costly and there were some sloby people on the train going down that kept making a mess of the bathrooms,but not on the train coming back.

We would go again on the train,but hopefully will be able to afford the extra expense on getting a room,where you can lay down,have a private bathroom and the meal is included.
:)

dfollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Quoting nova.mommy:

When we went we took the train from Washington,DC.We lived in Chantilly at the time and we took the bus to the metro station in town.
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I love the auto train.  I am not sure I would want to go into the city to take a regular train.

Quoting dfollin:

Quoting nova.mommy:

When we went we took the train from Washington,DC.We lived in Chantilly at the time and we took the bus to the metro station in town.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)