Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT - How many days for the two parks at Universal Orlando?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

How many days would you spend at Universal Orlando?  I have two boys that will be 6 & 8.  Also, they like rides, but too short for the Harry Potter/Revenge of the Mummy type rides.

Also, does Universal have any type of free transportation to and from the aiport?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamakate1981
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say zero. No offense,but i did not like universal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I would say at least two. I was there and just went to US and that was a good whole day. It was with my soon for his school field trip so we left early and didn't get to do it all. I haven't seen the new IOA but I hear it is fun. I don't know about transportation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I would say two. We went to universal last year for just 1 day and I wish we had more time there. I really enjoyed it.
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

If your kids are under 44 inches, you could do both parks in one long day. We love Universal, LOVE IT, but my daughter is a little older than your kids are and is a thrill junky. She was just barely, barely 48 inches in August, so barely that they let her on The Hulk, but not on Dueling Dragons. We had a better time at Universal than we did at WDW, but that said, the fact that so many rides there are coasters, there isn't as much there for the smaller set. 

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Depends on you and the kids. If they like rides you could easily do three days. I think it also depends on your vacation style. If your one to get there when the park opens and stay until they toss you out than you can do it in 2. We are the type to get there when we get there and leave when we get tired so the third day is nice for us. Also out kids are younger and there are 3 of them so things take us longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM
That's my 6 year old. He rides anything.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

If your kids are under 44 inches, you could do both parks in one long day. We love Universal, LOVE IT, but my daughter is a little older than your kids are and is a thrill junky. She was just barely, barely 48 inches in August, so barely that they let her on The Hulk, but not on Dueling Dragons. We had a better time at Universal than we did at WDW, but that said, the fact that so many rides there are coasters, there isn't as much there for the smaller set. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I think you need a good day for each park.
But, we don't like to be rushed. We like to take our time.
If you are going to breeze through stuff, you could probably do one day.
I would check a map, and see what they could ride, and go from there.
miss_AP
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM

You could easily do 2 days at Universal if you include Islands of Adventure. I bet they can ride the dragon roller coaster, my dd did last year when she was only 5 and she's teeny for her age. We do it in one long day, but we skip a lot of the "attraction" stuff that isn't rides. We love Seuss Landing!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)