Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a good or bad time to go?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 15 Replies
My dd's spring break from school is March 25-29. We are thinking about going to Disney then so she doesn't have to miss any school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Spring break is extremely crowded. As long as you're prepared for crowds and utilize fast passes well then you'll be ok.
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Crowds and high priced hotels. You wouldn't catch me there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Spring break and holidays are the times we avoid. Very crowded and you can easily miss things due to wait times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missy13d69
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

That week is one of the absolute worst weeks to go. Crowd levels are at a 10 (out of 10) and it's peak pricing. Also, considering how close it already is, you may have to stick to counter service dining because ADRs may be hard to find. What grade is your daughter in? Have you talked to the school to see what their take is on her missing a week? For the most part, from everything I've read on numerous Disney forums, as long as the child doesn't have excessive absences most schools have no problem with elementary age missing a week.

hubsmom07
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM

We are going March 9-12, we always go during spring break as its the only time both DD and husband and I are off together(we both work for a college). Honestly as much as everyone talks about the crowds, i expect Disney to be crowded and we have never had a problem. We use the FP and plan our days. If you want ADR's you might have trouble.

Missy13d69
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM

If your Spring break doesn't coincide with the "national" Spring break, the crowds won't be as bad. A LOT of school districts have their Spring break as the week before Easter and that is considered Spring break week at Disney. That's the week when the crowds are at their highest. All of March tends to be higher crowd wise, 5's 6's and 7's, because a lot of people go during their Spring breaks, but the week before Easter is when the highest number of people are on Spring break.

Quoting hubsmom07:

We are going March 9-12, we always go during spring break as its the only time both DD and husband and I are off together(we both work for a college). Honestly as much as everyone talks about the crowds, i expect Disney to be crowded and we have never had a problem. We use the FP and plan our days. If you want ADR's you might have trouble.

chey88
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Well after I made this post we decided to leave on Friday the 22 nd and cone back on Tuesday. We wouldn't be there the whole week. Just into that week.

Quoting Missy13d69:

That week is one of the absolute worst weeks to go. Crowd levels are at a 10 (out of 10) and it's peak pricing. Also, considering how close it already is, you may have to stick to counter service dining because ADRs may be hard to find. What grade is your daughter in? Have you talked to the school to see what their take is on her missing a week? For the most part, from everything I've read on numerous Disney forums, as long as the child doesn't have excessive absences most schools have no problem with elementary age missing a week.

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Just plan wisely. That's not a lot of time for an extremely busy week. It will be busy the whole time you're there, not just during the week. But at least you're going in prepared so you won't be surprised.

Quoting chey88:

Well after I made this post we decided to leave on Friday the 22 nd and cone back on Tuesday. We wouldn't be there the whole week. Just into that week.

Quoting Missy13d69:

chey88
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Any tips or advice on where to start? We have never been and Idk where to start planning.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Just plan wisely. That's not a lot of time for an extremely busy week. It will be busy the whole time you're there, not just during the week. But at least you're going in prepared so you won't be surprised.

Quoting chey88:

Quoting Missy13d69:

MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Just utilize your time wisely. Get to the parks first thing in the morning and hit some big rides then because that's when the crowds won't be so bad. Get fast passes as often as you can to help with lines. Check the daily schedules and plan out any shows, fireworks and parades you want to see. It can be overwhelming the first time, especially that time of year. Don't try and do TOO much, pick your top things ahead of time, hit those and then if you have time for more afterwards great :) you'll have fun! :)

Quoting chey88:

Any tips or advice on where to start? We have never been and Idk where to start planning.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting chey88:

Quoting Missy13d69:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)