Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

a good or bad time to go?

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd's spring break from school is March 25-29. We are thinking about going to Disney then so she doesn't have to miss any school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (11-15):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

You would probably benefit from using a touring plan. These help maximize your time in the parks, and will tell you where to go, and when to go there. It is a paid subscription, but it's fairly inexpensive. They will also give you a crowd rating based on the day. It lists the 22, 23 as 8 out of 10 on the crowd scale. 24, 25, and 26 are 10 out of 10.

22- Best park: Animal Kingdom. Park to Avoid: Epcot
23- Best Park: Magical Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Park to Avoid: Hollywood Studios
24- Best Park: Animal Kingdom. Park to Avoid: Hollywood Studios
25- Best Park: Epcot. Park to Avoid: Magical Kingdom
26- Best Park: Magical Kingdom, Hollywood Studios. Park to Avoid: Animal Kingdom

Parks not listed are neutral. They are not the most crowded or least crowded. These estimates are typically based on the EMH's, which can lead to that specific park having a higher crowd that day.

The weekend may wind up busier than the week days, because of local people coming who work or go to school during the week.

Personally, I won't go anytime when crowds are rated a 6 or higher, simply because you spend more time getting frustrated by long lines, and people jostling you around, than anything.

March 24-April 2nd are listed as 10 out of 10- that's prime time Spring Break for schools across the nation. While some schools might have different break times, that 2 week period is going to be the biggest crowds.

Missy13d69
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM

That plan avoids EMH parks doesn't it? Considering the small time frame, they may want to hit EMH because of lower crowds.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

You would probably benefit from using a touring plan. These help maximize your time in the parks, and will tell you where to go, and when to go there. It is a paid subscription, but it's fairly inexpensive. They will also give you a crowd rating based on the day. It lists the 22, 23 as 8 out of 10 on the crowd scale. 24, 25, and 26 are 10 out of 10.

23- Best Park: Magical Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Park to Avoid: Hollywood Studios
26- Best Park: Magical Kingdom, Hollywood Studios. Park to Avoid: Animal Kingdom

Parks not listed are neutral. They are not the most crowded or least crowded. These estimates are typically based on the EMH's, which can lead to that specific park having a higher crowd that day.

The weekend may wind up busier than the week days, because of local people coming who work or go to school during the week.

Personally, I won't go anytime when crowds are rated a 6 or higher, simply because you spend more time getting frustrated by long lines, and people jostling you around, than anything.

March 24-April 2nd are listed as 10 out of 10- that's prime time Spring Break for schools across the nation. While some schools might have different break times, that 2 week period is going to be the biggest crowds.

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I would guess it avoids it completely. My only experience during EMH was that mornings were busier than evening hours. I was there on an 8 day last February (Presidents Week), and MK EMH's were from like 11pm-2am, and the park was dead past about 10:30.  Morning hours we hit twice, and it didn't seem any less crowded to us than it did an hour later when the park opened to the GP.

Park hoppers would also help maximize, because you might find you don't have a full day's worth of stuff in one park, but want to do more in another park. It also allows you to switch parks if one starts to get more crowded.

Quoting Missy13d69:

That plan avoids EMH parks doesn't it? Considering the small time frame, they may want to hit EMH because of lower crowds.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

rissymac78
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM

We went last year Good Friday through the following Thursday.  We had a blast.  Everyone told me how busy it was going to be so I was prepared.  It actually wasn't as bad as I expected.  We spent the day at the hotel, downtown disney, or a water park.  Then we headed to the parks around 4pm and people were leaving the parks in droves.  I can't tell you how many rides we walked right on without a wait.  Go to Disney when you want and make it work.  You will have a blast no matter what the crowd levels are like.

punky2
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

disney is crowed all the time u just have to pick what doesn't bother u. spring break time crowded but in the summer miserably hot (we learned this the hard way). late summer isn't it hurricane season. i have heard sept. -oct. is the best time but we are still thinking next time we go go in the spring too.  i think u well still love it either way so much fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN