Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

mypoints,swagbucks

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

Does anyone use any of these services to earn giftcards to the resturants at Disney? I have heard of people doing this and was wondering how well it works out.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I use both, but the gift card rewards are hit and miss. I usually just grab cards I can use any time, then 'reward' my Disney fund with however much the card was worth. IE: a $25 gas card, and $25 cash into the Disney fund. It's the same either way, but since I'm not spending $25 cash on gas, I feel justified in stashing it.

On Swagbucks, you can do things like itunes, amazon, paypal, target, walmart, etc. With that one, I do paypal, which is my Disney fund anyway.

Missy13d69
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I've done Mypoints for about 5 years.I've never tried Swagbucks, it didn't seem worthwhile. I do several other programs too. Mypoints doesn't have Disney gift cards, not that I've ever seen at least...If you shop online a lot, or are a member of BzzAgent, you can get a ton of Mypoints. Building them up doing the emails and surveys can take a long time though.

RutterMama
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
What is the mypoints?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missy13d69
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM

You earn points through shopping, and doing surveys, and by reading their emails. You then cash in your points for gift cards.

Quoting RutterMama:

What is the mypoints?

elasmimi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I did swagbucks for a while, but it took forever for the points to add up. I do a lot of surveys for gift cards, but of course none of them are Disney. We have a Disney credit card, and I use it for everything, bills, utilities, just make sure I pay it off each month. Then I convert to Disney $$$. We also have a Scrip program in our school, and I've started buying a $25 Disney card each week.

LS1030
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I do them both, but mostly Swagbucks (if I have time) and Mypoints just with what I earn from Bzzagent. I just get amazon cards bc those are usually the best deal. It helps me save on other things so I have more money for Disney.
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM
For years I have done mypoints mostly to earn gift cards to give to my kids as stocking stuffers.I have gotten paid from Swagbucks and found that it is best to get paypal to save for Disney.
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Swagbucks and My Points do not not offer Disney Gift cards.   I do swagbucks for Amazon gift cards but that is it.

swimmom05
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Iuse both of them but I have a new favorite, Shopkick. I use my cell phone and earn points just by entering stores and sometimes scanning items. I earned enough points for 300.00 to Target in less than a year. I will put my link here but you must have a smart phone.  http://get.shopkick.com/peppermint80

You can redeem the points for a lot of different things and the best part is the points can be redeemed INSTANTLY on the cell phone, no waiting for the mail to come with a card.

I forgot to mention that my daughter did even better, I do not go to malls often so I did not earn a whole lot of points as fast as she did.

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
This.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Swagbucks and My Points do not not offer Disney Gift cards.   I do swagbucks for Amazon gift cards but that is it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)