Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's your favorite places to eat at Disney World?

Looking for suggestions for my family.  This is our third trip (13 days away).  I'll post where we are eating later.  Gotta get the kids from the bus stop 

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (31-39):
Mom2MikeynLando
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I can appreciate this.. We did mostly buffets last trip and weren't impressed to much.. We will be doing a few this trip.. More for characters an the kids than anything.

Quoting AleaKat:

Stay clear of the buffet foods
We did several character diners and breakfasts all buffet style and the food at each and every one was cold and soggy and tasteless!

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I STRONGLY suggest you try it again and try something else. We've gone several times and have never had anything bad. My husband's cousin, who is a chef and I HATE referring her to anything, absolutely raved about the recommendation. If it helps, we had panini-type sandwiches (one turkey, one ham, one italian) and all were fantastic. Possible you just got a bad type of sandwich? (We didn't try the meatball) Or a bad sandwich maker that day? LOL

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

We did Earl of Sandwich last trip and hated it.  Dh and I both got meatball subs.  I honestly thought it was the wort meatball I had ever tasted... Thought about going back and trying  something else though.. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Quoting RMT1995:

Earl of Sandwich downtown for quick service. We'll be in Florida in April and even though we aren't going to Disney this time, we're going there for lunch! LOL

Mom2MikeynLando
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I think we will try again.. The meatballs were "off" I'm pretty sure.. Thanks Hun!

Schleetle
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Sanaa xs 100000 lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DieselsMom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

T Rex, or Chef Mickey!

Schleetle
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Cape May has had a great breakfast buffet every time we have gone. I am not too fond of the dinner buffets anywhere, well actually ummm I can't remember the name of it the one at AKL is good.

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

I can appreciate this.. We did mostly buffets last trip and weren't impressed to much.. We will be doing a few this trip.. More for characters an the kids than anything.

Quoting AleaKat:

Stay clear of the buffet foods
We did several character diners and breakfasts all buffet style and the food at each and every one was cold and soggy and tasteless!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Quoting AleaKat:

Stay clear of the buffet foods We did several character diners and breakfasts all buffet style and the food at each and every one was cold and soggy and tasteless!

We have only been once :( and only went to one buffet and we did not find the food cold,soggy or tasteless,just my pickey eater teenage daughter didn't like the variety.
spunky946
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It's typical breakfast food.  Its really good.  We have never eaten dinner there.  We really loved tusker house too.

Quoting Mom2MikeynLando:

We've done chef mickeys for dinner.. Is breakfast tons better?  We weren't to impressed with t for dinner..

Every trip I say we're gonna try both coral reef and tucker house and never do.. Maybe one day they will fit in our schedule.

Thanks for posting!

Quoting spunky946:

Table service:

Boma, breakfast and dinner, both yummy

tusker house breakfast

cape may dinner

Chef Mickey's breakfast

coral reef

Hollywood and vine lunch

California grill - is closing for refurb soon.  oh so yummy

quick service

Sunshine seasons in Epcot

Cosmic rays

Loreenny16
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM

T-Rex at Downtown Disney (but it is not on the meal plan)

Chef Mickey for any meal

Hollywood and Vine for breakfast

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)