Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rainforset cafe

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 34 Replies

anyone ever ate at the rainforset cafe? How did you like it? Is there just one of them there at disney? Are they failry expensive?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelroberts
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM

We ate their last time we went and it is very cool but the thunder storm is fairly noisy.  There are other resturants in other location, we usually go to the one in Grapevine (near dallas,tx).  It is pretty pricey and their portions are huge.  We only go for special occasions but havent been lately b/c the noise from the animals and thunderstorm bothers my daughters ears.

It is cool though, if you havent ever been or dont have one close to you at home.

snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM
rainforst cafe are across the country. there are two at wdw (animal kingdom and dtd) and one at dl (dtd).

i personally think they are slightly over priced. i mean for a rack of ribs, i can do big thunders all you can eat dinner at disneyland and disney ribs taste better. but the atmosphere is cool for a one time thing.

average $20 a plate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM

The food is mediocre.    You pay for the experience.    When we go there we usually just get burgers and the kids get whatever kid meal they want.   Its not the place to orer anything special as their menu is frozen premade.  The pricing is average and comparable to any of those chain type tourist restaurants (planet hollywood, hard rock, etc).   

super.nana
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM

they also have another restaurant at dtd in disneyworld that is called the Trex Cafe.  It is the same as Rainforest Cafe only dinosaur themed.  Same sort of food.  Fun for kids.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I agree.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

The food is mediocre.    You pay for the experience.    When we go there we usually just get burgers and the kids get whatever kid meal they want.   Its not the place to orer anything special as their menu is frozen premade.  The pricing is average and comparable to any of those chain type tourist restaurants (planet hollywood, hard rock, etc).   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I think the pricing is high but it is cool do to do. We have one right near us (washington) so we have gone lots and the one in Disney is similar to ours here so we only went once in Disneyland.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh ok thanks ladies I was wondering I was seeing it on couponingtodisney as one of her stops. I seen mypoints has giftcards on there for the resturant I will most likely just wind up using a free giftcard to go so I don't feel like I am out the money. I will make it a one time event so at least I can say I did it lol. Thanks for the information ladies.

laurag8707
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Is the Trex cafe any better?

Quoting super.nana:

they also have another restaurant at dtd in disneyworld that is called the Trex Cafe.  It is the same as Rainforest Cafe only dinosaur themed.  Same sort of food.  Fun for kids.

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
The one in dtd California is great. We go there every time we are in DL (2X a year). Be careful if you have a child sensitive to noise or who is easily startled. If so, don't let them seat you next to the gorillas ;-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankyou my son is bothered by loud noises I will be sure not to sit there.

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

The one in dtd California is great. We go there every time we are in DL (2X a year). Be careful if you have a child sensitive to noise or who is easily startled. If so, don't let them seat you next to the gorillas ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)