Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

disney trip with a peanut allergy

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 5 and has a peanut allergy.  We are planning a trip to disney we have been to the park majic kingdom once before never stayed at disney this time we are.  I am a little concerned cause i can not find any allergy info on the restaurnts when i look them up. any one know of a way to research this so i am aware of what is safe an not?? i can read the menu and see if unsafe things on there but not the processed with stuff details. thought it was at least worth putting it out here and asking for any help anyone has

thank u ahead of time.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

List on EVERY reservation that there is an allergy. At sit down restaurants, the Chef will come out and discuss the allergy, and what options they have. They don't provide a specific allergy free menu, because they make the food special for the allergy people.

At counter service restaurants, ask for the Allergy Black Book- it's a menu they have for all allgergies. They will make sure to provide an allergy free meal. It usually only takes them a few minutes.

matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Disney is amazing with allergies. Amazing.
You can call and speak to the chef, they will go over everything with you.
The chef will tell you everything your child can eat, and will even make things specially if needed.
We have friends whose child has a peanut allergy, they love going to Disney. So so easy for them to travel there!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
super.nana
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM

when I went with my friend who had a bad food allergy I let them know when I originally booked the trip.  When we checked in at the resort they asked us about it and went over it with us.  They made sure all of our bases were covered. 

Missy13d69
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

When you go on the website to book your ADRs, there's a new thing for allergies. It has the 8 most common allergies and you check a box for the ones that affect your party. As others have said, Disney is AMAZING about how they handle allergies. I know someone who was even able to go to the Dessert Party and was provided with special desserts that were prepared just for her.

http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/  is a great resource.

punky2
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:26 AM

thank you everyone this is really helpful and is easing my concerns :)

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Youngest dd has a foid allergy and disney is great
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punky2
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM

thank you, you all are making me feel more at ease for sure :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)