Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of Pen?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm leaving in 2 weeks, and have been thinking, what kind of pen is best for autographs? I have used ball point in the past, and I know they say fatter pens are better. But I'm wondering if a sharpie is better or the ball point pen better?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missy13d69
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Sharpies are the number one recommended pen, the size is just right for the "fuzzy" characters to grip.. I found double packs at Dollar Tree.

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I got a 3 pack of retractable sharpies from Dollar Tree. One sucked- it was light blue, so you couldn't really see it. But the retractable are nice because you won't lose the cap. 

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Sharpie with the click retractable point (not a cap). :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Retractable is the way to go. I also glued the holder shut with crazy glue and put on lanyard so it couldn't slip off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM
That's what I was thinking thanks

Quoting Missy13d69:

Sharpies are the number one recommended pen, the size is just right for the "fuzzy" characters to grip.. I found double packs at Dollar Tree.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Sharpies are what we used too ... and if you can't find a retractable, make sure the cap is off for them, they don't like having to fumble with taking it off.

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Oh- and Micheal's craft store has a dollar aisle- in it, there is a Disney Princess section right now with huge, over sized, super fat ink pens in it for like $2

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I always heard sharpies were the way to go.

I am now looking for the bright pink retractable for DD.  I have seen it in the big sets, but I am looking for the single pen or even a pack of 3 that has it.  I have seen the Bright pink in the ones with a cap sold singly, but not the color retractable ones.

I have found a 3 pack at Amazon.com that has orange, pink and purple pens.  But as our trip is not until the end of June/beginning of July, I have time to look around for a single one.

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Oh wow thats awesome!  I dont live close to a Michaels, but if I can get to one before we go I will Definitely check it out.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Oh- and Micheal's craft store has a dollar aisle- in it, there is a Disney Princess section right now with huge, over sized, super fat ink pens in it for like $2

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Office Depot might have it.  They have a bunch of sharpies sold separately.  I made our autograph books, with bright colored pages, so I want black sharpies.  I hope you find your pink one!

Quoting nova.mommy:

I always heard sharpies were the way to go.

I am now looking for the bright pink retractable for DD.  I have seen it in the big sets, but I am looking for the single pen or even a pack of 3 that has it.  I have seen the Bright pink in the ones with a cap sold singly, but not the color retractable ones.

I have found a 3 pack at Amazon.com that has orange, pink and purple pens.  But as our trip is not until the end of June/beginning of July, I have time to look around for a single one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)