Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Disney first trip

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Were talking about going to Disney Land here shortly and I was just thinking is it better to stay on site or off site at one of there other recommened hotels? I want my kids to have the whole experience but it would be at the cost of having to cut things out by spending that extra money to stay there.  But then if we stayed on site we wouldn't have to drive anywhere.  We'd have everything right there for us.  Any feed back would be great its been years since I've been there so I have no clue about it anymore.  Also we want to do lego land, is it worth the price??

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Lego land depends on the ages of kids, and I would stay in one of the hotels right across the street from Disney. Then you save a lot of money and can walk to Disneyland still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a ton walkable and quite a few that offer shuttles. Unlike disney world the difference staying onsite isn't much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Like the PP said unlike the World The land is better for staying off site. A lot of the hotels are very walk able. 

snowpeasmom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Most of the off site hotels are as close or even closer than the DIsneyland hotel and Paradise Pier hotel. The advantages of staying on site is the morning madness and the california hotel is super nice. But super expensive. I have stayed on site and off site many times. A great park that is near by is Knotts Berry farm. 

Lego land is about an hour to two hours away from disneyland by car, (traffic in CA is all over the place) My son was 5 the first time I took him, he liked the play areas the best, the rides to him were not that great. I would say age 3-5 are the best for lego land. The price was as expensive as disneyland and the park is SMALL. I did everything in 1/2 day and that included the aquariaum and water park...and the cost was as much as disneyland. As I said I would recommend Knotts to someone over lego land.

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I agree with snowpeasmom. Stay offsite unless you are willing and able to stay at the Grand Californian. It's great, expensive but great. We stayed there in June 2011. I was 6 month pregnant and it was nice to stay so close, especially right after the Little Mermaid ride opened. But there are a lot of Good Neighbor hotels that are actually closer than the Disneyland and Paradise Pier
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlexDakotasMom
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Oh seriously 3-5 dang :( my boys will be 8 by the time we go...man they love Legos too!!! And that dang far away that's just crazy I didn't realize it was that far away! Thanks so much for the heads up! I mean I want my kids to have the whole experience but not at the price of having to give up some things!

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Most of the off site hotels are as close or even closer than the DIsneyland hotel and Paradise Pier hotel. The advantages of staying on site is the morning madness and the california hotel is super nice. But super expensive. I have stayed on site and off site many times. A great park that is near by is Knotts Berry farm. 

Lego land is about an hour to two hours away from disneyland by car, (traffic in CA is all over the place) My son was 5 the first time I took him, he liked the play areas the best, the rides to him were not that great. I would say age 3-5 are the best for lego land. The price was as expensive as disneyland and the park is SMALL. I did everything in 1/2 day and that included the aquariaum and water park...and the cost was as much as disneyland. As I said I would recommend Knotts to someone over lego land.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I disagree with the 3-5 age range. My friends son is 7 and could spend all day there.

Quoting AlexDakotasMom:

Oh seriously 3-5 dang :( my boys will be 8 by the time we go...man they love Legos too!!! And that dang far away that's just crazy I didn't realize it was that far away! Thanks so much for the heads up! I mean I want my kids to have the whole experience but not at the price of having to give up some things!

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)