Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

T-Rex EDIT Dining Plan

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have been trying for days to get to try to make a reservation at T-Rex.  I know I can call Disney to do it, but I had wanted to do it online as I have heard that people have had trouble seeing reservations made by phone on the Disney site.  

Has anybody else had this trouble with making a reservation?

We know on our last full day we want to have a sit down dinner at DTD.  I have been looking to see what is available because we could not decide on Wolfgang Puck, T-Rex, Rainforest, Fulton's or Raglan Road.  Obviously some are choices for the kids and some are for DH and I.  But all have at least one thing each kid will eat.

I have been to a Rainforest Cafe, though to neither of those in Disney.  Is the sound level in T-Rex about the same, louder or quieter?

EDIT 

Is T-Rex on the dining plan?  We have have it and it will influence where we eat.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I haven't been to TRex, but from what I understand, its basically rainforest cafe but with dinos instead... if you look at the menus even they are pretty close. 

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Call trex directly. Disney only has so many reservations so it appears booked even when it's not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM

We have it on our want to do list for our October trip.My niece said it was so neat and her boys loved it.She said you can request the quieter section since it gets really loud.It looks awesome and we cant wait to try it out.It seems really dark and my 5 yr old is not so keen on that part but he says he will try it out.

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I really enjoyed T-Rex two trips ago. The food was good, the atmosphere a little loud but still ok, and the kids LOVED the dig site they had :-).  

When we went I was able to get reservations online, but since then I haven't seen them pop up at all even with booking 180 days in advance.  From my understanding now they only give Disney so many(or rather few) reservation times to be booked online, but that does not mean they are booked up.  Many people report calling them directly to make your reservation.  Most people have had a lot of success with this and usually get something close to the time they were looking for :-). 

ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Do you know if they are on the dining plan?

Quoting crazybones27:

I really enjoyed T-Rex two trips ago. The food was good, the atmosphere a little loud but still ok, and the kids LOVED the dig site they had :-).  

When we went I was able to get reservations online, but since then I haven't seen them pop up at all even with booking 180 days in advance.  From my understanding now they only give Disney so many(or rather few) reservation times to be booked online, but that does not mean they are booked up.  Many people report calling them directly to make your reservation.  Most people have had a lot of success with this and usually get something close to the time they were looking for :-). 

Kodysmommy928
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

T-Rx is on the dining plan but they do not take the Tables in Wonderland card.  You can get a reservation easier if you call T-Rex directly.  407-828-TREX (8739).

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I thought they were too, but when I put in for those accepting the DDP, they did not come up.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

T-Rx is on the dining plan but they do not take the Tables in Wonderland card.  You can get a reservation easier if you call T-Rex directly.  407-828-TREX (8739).

AJmama4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

You have to call them directly to make reservations!!

mbrowne1
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I just called for a client this morning and call them restaurante directly to get seating. Even though reservations will not have a confirmation number, it will be accessed via last name when you check in and they are on the dining plan. Good luck with your reservation!

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
They are on the dining plan. Trex and rainforest were added January 2012
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)