Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Does anyone else get a little stressed about

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

dining reservations?  I feel totally ridiculous booking a restaurant 6 months out with a 4 and 2 year old, but I know if we don't we won't get into some of them.  I figure we can always cancel and book somewhere less popular as it closer if we have to.  The other post about no planning made me feel a little crazy:)   So what are your must dos for restaurants?  So far my "try for these" list is Be our guest, Ohana (dinner), Tusker House (breakfast), Drive in (sounds fun and boys will actually eat lots of the menu), T Rex, and Coral Reef.  We need to do 8 all together.  I can't book until closer to the end of March.  I think our QS will mainly be breafasts at the hotel in the morning. 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
It was hard picking which ones we wanted to go to. We haven't eaten TS except for once at CP and once at Biergarten. So everything is new. Just trying to find what everyone will like is the hard part.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
DS LOVES the Sci-Fi Dine in, we eat there every trip. We also do theTeppan Edo Room (japan, Epcot) as that's DH's must do. We haven't done O'hana in awhile but always enjoyed it. Chef Mickey's is a great one for breakfast or dinner (I prefer breakfast but they have a self serve soft serve machine at dinner so you can guess what my kids prefer!). Kona Cafe has a great breakfast, it's one of my faves. The Studios has a Playhouse Disney breakfast your kids might like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Garden grill was good and the character interaction was great. The best we've had with the characters. 

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Don't get that stressed.  It will be fine.  First of all I'd plan your park days.  I use www.easywdw.com as a guide.  His name is Josh and is recommendations are awesome.  He usually does not choose EMH parks, but don't be afraid of using a few if you want especially if you have park hoppers.

We love Tusker house breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast, BOG dinner, CRT lunch was good, and we like coral reef.  T rex is fun to do once, but it is very loud.

I have heard good things about crystal palace and liberty tree tavern.

Also check out www.allears.net.  They have all of the menus.

Rychelle
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer to have a plan. It stresses me more to all sit around and try to figure out where to go next and where to eat. Lol must do for us is Tusker House breakfast and Garden Grill dinner for character meals!!! Others we try to mix it up each trip. This years trip will prob be Be Our Guest, Restaurant Marrakech, rose and crown maybe, grand Floridian cafe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Exactly... my yonger son and I are pretty easy, my husband is a little harder and my 4 year old is so picky, but he is getting better.

Quoting angelmom224:

It was hard picking which ones we wanted to go to. We haven't eaten TS except for once at CP and once at Biergarten. So everything is new. Just trying to find what everyone will like is the hard part.

ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Is that one in Epcot?

Quoting reneawesley:

Garden grill was good and the character interaction was great. The best we've had with the characters. 

ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

oh its fun stress ;)  My travel agent is going to help when we can book.  Allears has been awesome!!!  what is "BOG"

edit:  nevermind...be our guest:)

Quoting spunky946:

Don't get that stressed.  It will be fine.  First of all I'd plan your park days.  I use www.easywdw.com as a guide.  His name is Josh and is recommendations are awesome.  He usually does not choose EMH parks, but don't be afraid of using a few if you want especially if you have park hoppers.

We love Tusker house breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast, BOG dinner, CRT lunch was good, and we like coral reef.  T rex is fun to do once, but it is very loud.

I have heard good things about crystal palace and liberty tree tavern.

Also check out www.allears.net.  They have all of the menus.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I think a big factor is how often you go. If this is a once in a lifetime trip and you have to have dinner with the princesses then I guess I can see it. It's not that for us. It's a place to take the kids for a day or two while we are in Florida. So dining is very far down the priority list for us.

That said you will not starve. The QS in my opinion is very good. Seasons in The land in Epcot is fabulous. The Mexican place is great. As is the Chinese and Moracan. MK is okay on the quick serve. More fast food offerings than the other parks so I make sure that I don't eat too much of that sort of fare elsewhere. A few places in DTD that we love. Earl of sandwich, wolfgangs. Yak and yeti and tamu in AK.

It's a trip to Disney so I have no real expectations of fine dining or haute cuisine. I save that for the cruises when I am waited on hand and foot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Not once in a lifetime, but not every year either.  And with 2 boys, they aren't after Princess Dinner, but breakfast with Mickey is definitely fun for them.  lol I know I won't starve there... when we are on vacation we like to do more unusual restaurants we can't just do every weekend at home if they are around. Its all part of it.  LOL the title was supposed to be more of a joke;)  I know Disney is fun.  But, if we're there for 8 days, I don't plan to eat a QS burger for 8 days either.  There is way more to Walt Disney World than I know I will ever discover on my own so I love hearing other peoples suggestions:)

Quoting awesomemommy2:

I think a big factor is how often you go. If this is a once in a lifetime trip and you have to have dinner with the princesses then I guess I can see it. It's not that for us. It's a place to take the kids for a day or two while we are in Florida. So dining is very far down the priority list for us.

That said you will not starve. The QS in my opinion is very good. Seasons in The land in Epcot is fabulous. The Mexican place is great. As is the Chinese and Moracan. MK is okay on the quick serve. More fast food offerings than the other parks so I make sure that I don't eat too much of that sort of fare elsewhere. A few places in DTD that we love. Earl of sandwich, wolfgangs. Yak and yeti and tamu in AK.

It's a trip to Disney so I have no real expectations of fine dining or haute cuisine. I save that for the cruises when I am waited on hand and foot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)