Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

How far in advance do you plan?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am so excited I found a Disney board on here!

How far in advance do you plan your trips? We are planning for May 18-24, 2014. A year and a half seems so far away! But in order for us to go we will have to start planning and saving early. I already have my resort money saved up and half the ticket price. We are planning on AoA or ASMo. But I am hanging on to it for 1, booking to open up, and 2 discounts!

Cindy Jean   

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM

9-12 months worked best for us- I have tried going well over a year in advance, and it just was not happening. I couldn't make payments that far in advance, and with the money just sitting there, it was far too easy for us to use towards other things- car repairs, appliances, etc. We had to give up on 3 different vacations for that reason, before I was able to get a date that worked, and was close enough to start paying on it, so the money is with Disney and not accessible.

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Usual 2-4 months. We never book until discounts are out. It works for us. However, I'm planning a trip for November 2014 for us and 2 other families so I'm pricing things out now so I can give them an idea of expenses. 

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I started planning this trip over a year ago. This is our first trip to Disney in over ten years though, and it will be DS's first trip ever. This is something we won't be doing again for a long time though. When I decided on this vacation, I knew I would only have the funds to do this once for at least the next three or four years. So, I started planning way early in order to pay everything off and just learn as much as I could to try and make this an unforgettable trip. I can't believe we leave on Sunday! After this I won't be planning another one for quite a while though :(. I think a lot of the fun in this vacation has been the planning. I've enjoyed it a lot, and I hope it all pays off!

DIStickers.com Ticker

cindyjean68
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Quoting vicky33006:

I started planning this trip over a year ago. This is our first trip to Disney in over ten years though, and it will be DS's first trip ever. This is something we won't be doing again for a long time though. When I decided on this vacation, I knew I would only have the funds to do this once for at least the next three or four years. So, I started planning way early in order to pay everything off and just learn as much as I could to try and make this an unforgettable trip. I can't believe we leave on Sunday! After this I won't be planning another one for quite a while though :(. I think a lot of the fun in this vacation has been the planning. I've enjoyed it a lot, and I hope it all pays off!

This is what I have had to do...I am a single mom and I am having to really discipline myself so that I don't spend the money. It's in a savings account that I am trying my best not to touch. It most likely won't be the last trip we take but it may be several years before we can do it again.  And yes planning is so much fun! Since I have officially decided to go I have done nothing but eat, sleep and dream Disney! LOL BTW how did you get your ticker?

Cindy Jean   

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I'm a single mom too so I know exactly how you feel! I had to budget very carefully to make this trip happen, so I want to make it as special as possible.

The ticker I got about a year ago so I don't remember exactly how, but if you click on it...it will bring you where you need to go. Then you will need to paste the code into the place for your siggy on this site :). If you can't figure it out let me know and I can go back and figure it out for you. Congrats on planning your trip!!!

Quoting cindyjean68:

Quoting vicky33006:

This is what I have had to do...I am a single mom and I am having to really discipline myself so that I don't spend the money. It's in a savings account that I am trying my best not to touch. It most likely won't be the last trip we take but it may be several years before we can do it again.  And yes planning is so much fun! Since I have officially decided to go I have done nothing but eat, sleep and dream Disney! LOL BTW how did you get your ticker?

DIStickers.com Ticker

cindyjean68
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Oh yes! I know....careful planning and strict budgeting...but it will be so worth it!

Thanks for the ticker info! I will try it out.

Have fun on your Disney trip! I am envious! This is going to be the longest year ever...LOL

quoting vicky33006:

I'm a single mom too so I know exactly how you feel! I had to budget very carefully to make this trip happen, so I want to make it as special as possible.

The ticker I got about a year ago so I don't remember exactly how, but if you click on it...it will bring you where you need to go. Then you will need to paste the code into the place for your siggy on this site :). If you can't figure it out let me know and I can go back and figure it out for you. Congrats on planning your trip!!!

Quoting cindyjean68:

Quoting vicky33006:

Cindy Jean   

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM

You can always call and book the resort at these rates and they'll change them to next years rates as the year opens up...that way you aren't sitting on the money.

Quoting cindyjean68:

Quoting vicky33006:

cindyjean68
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Oh I just checked it out and I have a ticker too from disboards...but I tried putting mine in here and it didn't work :(

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
We are very last minute people so no more than 6 weeks out and its more likely to be 3-4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Totally depends. I've gotten a call from my dad or sister on a Tuesday saying "hey wanna fly down to Disney this weekend!" And we've done it. But other times (like our trip for this December) was like 18 months prior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)