Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I missing?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

So we leave for WDW on Sunday!!!!!! I feel like I've been planning this trip FOREVER...it almost seems impossible that it's here. Anyway, I'm super nervous. I planned this whole trip on my own and it's my DS (6) and my sister's first trip. I hope they have an amazing time...and I hope I did well choosing everything.

Anyway, I'm kind of freaking out about packing. I feel like I must have forgotten something! Or...that I'm missing something I'll need. I know it's ridiculous. We vacation every year but since this is Disney it feels different. So...are there things you pack that you don't think other people might think of? Useful things I might not have thought of? I know I'll forget somethang major because I always do, but I'm sure there are lots of things Disney vets like you guys might know to bring that I've never thought of. Thanks in advance!

DIStickers.com Ticker

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Extra SHOES (I can't tell you how many times I had soaked my shoes on water rides, so I always bring flip flops to wear on water rides)

When my jeans get wet they start to chaff so I like to get some bodyglide to put between my thighs (Vaseline works too but a little more greasers.)

Hat, sun visor, etc

chap stick

medication (for headaches, common cold, etc)

first aid kit (band aids and neoprene)

extra battery for camera or charger

ALL MY CHARGERS for electronic devises

brittia water bottle (saves on $$$)

sun block

EXTRA BATHING SUITS (I hate trying to put a wet one back on)

zip lock bags (come it great for seprating wet clothes from non wet, taking left over food etc) I take gallon and quart size

Ponchos (my son likes to ride the water rides at night and sometime it gets cooler at night and I don't want to get wet.

Ok these are the things I have forgotten on different disney trips that I wished I had...I will try to remember more.

Most of all have fun and relax.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

Like RMH Travel on facebook

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Extra SHOES (I can't tell you how many times I had soaked my shoes on water rides, so I always bring flip flops to wear on water rides)

When my jeans get wet they start to chaff so I like to get some bodyglide to put between my thighs (Vaseline works too but a little more greasers.)

Hat, sun visor, etc

chap stick

medication (for headaches, common cold, etc)

first aid kit (band aids and neoprene)

extra battery for camera or charger

brittia water bottle (saves on $$$)

sun block

EXTRA BATHING SUITS (I hate trying to put a wet one back on)

zip lock bags (come it great for seprating wet clothes from non wet, taking left over food etc) I take gallon and quart size

Ponchos (my son likes to ride the water rides at night and sometime it gets cooler at night and I don't want to get wet.

Ok these are the things I have forgotten on different disney trips that I wished I had...I will try to remember more.

Thank you soooo much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for, and I didn't pack most of what's on this list. I think the only things I had were meds, ziploc bags, and all my chargers. I have a bunch more to pack now :)

DIStickers.com Ticker

mbrowne1
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Bring along a "tide to go" stick for any stains so you can get it out quick for your pictures :)

patnic
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Box of Ritz crackers to keep kids happy waiting in line.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM

This:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

And extra memory cards for your camera.  I like to make sure a new one is in the camera so I do not have to clear them to reuse the memory card and that way I always have them.

And if it takes batteries, bring one more set than you think you need.  They do have them there, but they cost 2-4 times more than you can pay at home.

Beach Towels for the pool and flip -flops, crocs, water shoes, etc to wear to the pool.  They have towels you can use, but, if I remember right, they are bath/shower size.  You may have to walk and the shoes will save your feet on the walk.

midwestern_mama
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I'm also a first timer so I've been reading the disboards for tips and one thing the veterans keep saying is a must is moleskin for your feet. Have Fun on your trip
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Sweatshirts and jeans for at night. My FIL lives in FL and said it's been downright cold at night :(

patnic
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM

How about dollar store glow lights?  Much cheaper than at store and easier to keep track of kids in dark.

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Cant wait to hear how your trip is going!!

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Definitely Brita water bottles!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)