Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are Star War Weekends like???

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have two young boys that really like Star Wars.  Can you tell me what the Star War Weekends are like?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I cant wait to hear all the info on this one too.My 5 yr old is obsessed with Star Wars and I really would love to take him.Already planning a trip in October so this time is out but would love to take him next yearsimple smile

snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Star Wars™ Weekends

Come immerse yourself in the power of the Force during Star Wars™ Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios®.

Here, you'll find an entire saga's worth of characters and celebrities on hand for autographs, pictures, motorcades, Q&A sessions and more, including the Jedi Training Academy for your Padawans.
Star Wars © 2012 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.

Event Dates: Weekends May 17 - June 9, 2013
Event Tickets: Admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios required.

Characters
Encounter over 50 Star Wars characters from the entire saga. From Darth Vader to Darth Maul and Anakin to Chewbacca, you'll find heroes and villains from throughout the galaxy.

Celebrities from Star Wars will attend each weekend and participate in:

• Autograph Sessions
  • Legends of the Force – Celebrity motorcade
  • Stars of the Saga – Talk Show and Q&A

Jedi Training Academy
Each young Padawan who is chosen will learn a lightsaber combination as they prepare to face the dark side!

Behind the Force: Experience the Clone Wars
Explore the excitement of Star Wars: The Clone Wars with a fascinating look behind the scenes of the all-new animated adventure!

Star Tours®
The power of the Force and the magic of Disney will combine once again to create an unforgettable Star Wars adventure: Star Tours - The Adventures Continue - now in 3D at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

While visiting that "galaxy far, far away," experience a new story, plus a chance to fly with some favorite characters like C-3PO, R2-D2, Princess Leia and even Darth Vader! You'll never know which of these classic characters will appear during this flight to the furthest reaches of the universe.

Plus, travel the galaxy like never before in the Starspeeder 1000!

Glide among the trees with Wookiees on Kashyyyk, kick up some sand across the desert in a podrace on Tatooine and even submerge into the lake waters of Naboo. Or, weave through the busy city planet of Coruscant, blast through the blizzards of Hoth and even explore the trenches of the Death Star! With multiple ways to experience each flight, you will never know where the Force might take you! And with each adventure, see the Star Wars universe in an all new way…in 3D!

Padawan Mind Challenge
Kids under 12 can test their wits before the Jedi Council!

Hyperspace Hoopla
Star Wars characters and Guests gather for an entertaining conclusion to each day's events.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

Like RMH Travel on facebook

angelroberts
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM

We are going for my husbands homecoming/birthday and we are so excited.  From what I have read be prepared to be there early and crowds.  We are so excited!!

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We've gone two years in a row. Each weekend they have real actors there for signatures and question and answer sessions with the crowd. If you want signatures and pictures with the actors you NEED to get there the morning of REALLY early to get a ticket of some sort.  We never did this for the signatures, but my husband got up really one morning and headed over because he was looking to buy something in the Special Mall they set up and open only Friday-Monday.  He was looking for something he was hoping would be back in stock that morning, but at 6am he was in shock and this insane line of people waiting for tickets to see the actors and what not.  

They have special parades where the actors drive down the main road, characters from the movies walking in the parade, they do a great end of the night Hyerspace Hoopla which was one of the best shows I've seen. This was the highlight of our day last year. We didn't stay for this the year before and we're definitely going to make sure we get a close spot this year.  There are R2D2 popcorn and drink/dessert buckets(really cute, but get in the way at home lol).  If you go on the last weekend usually all the Star Wars Weekend stuff is on sale. The Special Mall is a Star Wars Fans dream with all the merchandise and things.  Last year friends of ours got themselves encased in carbonite(expensive, but very cool).  

Since this event is on the weekends it is a bit busier because the locals come out to, but if you go during the week and get the stuff done at H.S. you wanted to and just do the Star Wars stuff on the weekend it's totally doable :-).  

Tis year is the last year we can do Star Wars Weekends since we're starting school schedules and next year our daughter will be in school.  We plan to enjoy as much as we can :-).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)