Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Cell phone reception in the parks

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

Last year we had a HORRIBLE time getting out phone calls and text messages to go thru at the parks when we spit up.  It was really frustrating.  We didn't even get the text from Disney saying our room was ready.  Has anyone one else had this problem?  We are going back in less than 3wks and I am considering ordering walkie talkies from Amazon.  Has anyone done this and had good luck with recption on those?  We need a better way to communicate this year, as we will be dividing up again based on rides our "Big" can ride that our "Little" cannot.  

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I don't recall having any specific issues in the park, except that if I tried to check my email, it was slow. My service is AT&T.

If you go with the walkie's, make sure to check the distance on them. They sell different sets with different distances. I can't recall what the lower ones are, or if it's enough to cover a park (My daughter tried to talk me into them a while ago).

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
We have friends who brought walkies for their kids and they had alot of problems when they (or the kids) were inside buildings. We have Verizon and have never had a problem. I know I've taken calls while on some of the indoor rides and texted hubby when I was about to get on or off a ride so that we could meet up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM
We have T-Mobile and really only had issues inside attractions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

We are verizon.  Epcot was the worst.  We pretty much had to stay together once we finally had a text to go thru to meet up

matofour
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM
We never had a problem.

First trip we had walkies. They were a disaster, too many people on all the frequencies. We dumped them in the stroller after just a few hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CATCHERSMOM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM

We have Verizon and didn't have any trouble.

karamille
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I wonder why we had so much trouble then...  It was an issue all week.  =/

erin708
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM
We have verizon and didn't have any problems either. Try updating ur roaming when u get there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM

We have Verizon and we've never had a problem. Now the problem of not getting the text about the room is very common. Many people complain about not receiving the text message from Disney :-). 

buffalove23
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
We have Verizon the only problem we have ever had was using the internet on our phones while in pop!. But I've read It's because of the roofs. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN