Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Cell phone reception in the parks

Posted by   + Show Post

Last year we had a HORRIBLE time getting out phone calls and text messages to go thru at the parks when we spit up.  It was really frustrating.  We didn't even get the text from Disney saying our room was ready.  Has anyone one else had this problem?  We are going back in less than 3wks and I am considering ordering walkie talkies from Amazon.  Has anyone done this and had good luck with recption on those?  We need a better way to communicate this year, as we will be dividing up again based on rides our "Big" can ride that our "Little" cannot.  

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (21-23):
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM

We have AT&T and have never had a problem.

Did you have newer or older phones?  I know when we had phones that were 3G the service for 3G was getting spotty so we had to get phones that were 4G.  Maybe that had something to do with it.

angelroberts
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM
While we did have some trouble last time there but our service wasn't the problem is was that my mom kept leaving her phone in her backpack and didn't want to carry it on her bc she was afraid of losing it. So when we would separate and then try to call her to tell her where to meet us she would not answer bc she couldn't hear it. We finally convicted her to get it out when we separated. LOL
Excitedforbaby
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We went last December, I have 2 teenage boys and at the time, a nearly 2 year old daughter.  We did lots of splitting up!  My boys went to do the thrill rides, while hubby and I did tame attractions with the baby.  Sometimes we would leave at noon to get her to nap at the hotel and the boys would stay at the park.  We have T-Mobile and had no issues- the boys have prepaid phones from Virgin Mobile and had no reception issues either!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)