• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pin codes

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
Does anyone have any tips or tricks on getting those great pin codes? We were planning a trip this coming November, but now my husband has to have surgery in June. Without a great pin code/discount or free dining, I don't see us being able to go... Any ideas?
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CATCHERSMOM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Last year my daughter-in-law checked family suites, cost of dining plan etc. and she got a pin code.  Not sure how they decide who gets one.  Good Luck!!

mamaofwildboys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I've checked a vacation on the walt disney site, I've got the planning DVD, almost everything I can think of....

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I posted in your other post but you might want to look into doing a preview package at one of the timeshare resorts.   If you have a car and dont have to rent and dont mind sitting through their BS presentation there are ones that include tickets and offer very reasonable rates.   We have done them for a 7 night stay in a 2BR condo for like $800 with the 3 day touch of magic ticket.   which is 2 disney parks and one extra (water park, disney quest or golf).   

Also look into renting out someone elses timeshare.  

Excitedforbaby
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I just got one in my email, and it corresponds with me checking prices on vacations again.  We were just there in December and it seems like whenever I finally decide we want to go back- I get a PIN.  Unfortunately this time it's for summer stays and we're planning January.

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Go on their site sign in and keep planning a trip on there. Honestly though Disney told us they choose a certain type of family each time they send the codes and if you don't match that family you won't get chosen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Just keep planning trips, that's about all you can do. They should be releasing late fall deals in the late summer, so keep an eye out. Have you thought about staying off site at a cheaper hotel?
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
From what I have read on other boards Disney currently has not been releasing pin codes. They stop and then start again. Nothing with free dining. Word is the ones going in fall will be lucky to get FD. Which I am one that is hoping for it. Currently Disney has released its deal for this summer. Lately even the ones getting pin codes say the public discount is better. Like PP said there is no trick. Its just a random luck of the draw. Hoping sometime next month for a hint to what the new deal will be for fall. Its likely the deal they offer will be better than the ones already released. Since its their slowest time of the yr.

When in Nov are you looking to go?? With Thanksgiving during that time there will be black out dates during that time and also Halloween too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Reynolds
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

What are pin codes? Newbie here.

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I got them a few times lt year after I ordered personalized maps. This year, of course, nothing. I have ordered the DVC DVD, more maps, price quotes, etc. 

lit really is rather random, but every few weeks, price out the vacation you are hoping to book, and from time to time, order one of the freebies- DVC, planning DVD, personalized maps, etc. 

dfollin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Quoting Mrs_Reynolds:

What are pin codes? Newbie here.

Pin codes are something that Disney has and will give you a discount or something free.Like 10% of your room, free dining or tickets, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)