Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

We got dates for our Make-A-Wish Trip and questions

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

Okay, we got dates for our Make-A-Wish trip for our son, Jake.

Jake is 2 1/2 and so I have a few questions (we have been to Disney before but it was before we adopted Jake).  

Our dates are May16-22 so coming up quickly.  I called to make Pirate Reservations and got my three biggest kiddos in but couldn't make a reservations for Jake as he will be 6 weeks shy of the cutoff (3 years) when we are going.  

Does anyone know anything we could do for Jake that's a little bit special like that?  

Also, I was looking at maybe doing the dinner with VIP seating for Fantasmic but we've NEVER seen Fantasmic...is this the way to go or should we just try to get tickets earlier in the day for it without messing with a pre-determined time for lunch or dinner?  

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain." - Unknown

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
For Fantasmic, your best bet is doing the dinner package. The stadium can get very full, VIP seating is your best bet.

As for Jake, take him to the Barber Shop on Main Street in the MK. They'll give him a haircut and put colored gel in his hair and throw confetti on it (you might be able to get just the gel and glitter if he doesn't need a haircut). My kids loved it! Be warned, the line there can be long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM
You can get the gel and glitter only, and its not that bad of a price. And get dinner any time before 6 and you should be good for fantasmic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM
That is during the first weekend of star wars weekend so DHS will be very packed. I would do the fantasmic dinner just so you can see it. Fantasmic is my favorite night show. SWW is only on Friday, sat, and sun so if you want to avoid the massive crowds plan to do DHS on another day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Yes! We went in May 2011 and didn't realize it was SSW...it was unbelievably mobbed (and hot). If you have to do the Studios during the weekend, definitely do the dinner package for Fantasmic.

Quoting angelmom224:

That is during the first weekend of star wars weekend so DHS will be very packed. I would do the fantasmic dinner just so you can see it. Fantasmic is my favorite night show. SWW is only on Friday, sat, and sun so if you want to avoid the massive crowds plan to do DHS on another day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I agree with everyone else - get the Fantasmic package. You don't need to fight the crowds for great seating. And the barbershop is a great idea for Jake but if you don't think you want to do that, do the pirate makeover yourself before you go the parks that day. Just buy what you need before you go on the trip and do it in the hotel room. 

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I would probably do the same for all the kids.  Especially since the child getting the "lessor" is the one that the trip is for.   They do a cute job at the barbershop but its not the same experience as the pirate league.   

Fantasmic is fantastic.  Which restaurant were you thinking of doing it at?

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

When you book the Pirate makeover, just tell them he's 3. Once you get there, I'm sure they won't have a problem with it considering he's so close to 3 and its a Make-A-Wish experience.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM
They ask for their ticket so if they're 3 they would have one. They are very strict with the age requirement there and at BBB. VERY STRICT.

Quoting mom2jasper:

When you book the Pirate makeover, just tell them he's 3. Once you get there, I'm sure they won't have a problem with it considering he's so close to 3 and its a Make-A-Wish experience.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM
He isn't 3 and with how strict they are you would just be setting him up for disappointment when they refuse to do anything.

Quoting mom2jasper:

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Call in advance and talk to someone. I'm sure if the situation was explained, they would make an exception. No one at Disney is going to say no to a Make-A-Wish kid because his birthday is a few weeks away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)