Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

I'm going to have to have surgery

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

And all I can think of is.....I'm going to be off work a while so how can I get to Disney in that time, lol.  I'm a city carrier for the USPS, and I walk 20 miles a day.  And the surgery I'm going to have to have is on my foot, so I'm going to be off work a while, a long while I think.  Ugh.  Trying to find the silver lining is this.  

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Aw I am sorry, my mom used to be a carrier but got hurt on the job and is rehab, she was a 204b for a few years and now is trained in clerk work, she does pass ports and FAMS now. Can you check and see if they will let you do LIMITED duty? I know that when my mom broke her foot, again while working they set up a stool at her case so she can sort of sit and case? Of course she broke her foot while at work so if she was off and it would be on the job off and not touch her annual. How much sick leave do you have, remember you can use up ALL your sick leave before it goes to ANNUAL.

How did you break your foot? If you don't mind me asking, is there anyway you can say its on the job. Ask your supervisor real nicely if there is any paper work, my mom's office a sub plant so they have lots of work that you can do while sitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Mom2Eden
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I didn't break my foot.  It's a condition of the foot caused by overuse.  It's called Morton's Neuroma and we have done physical therapy trying to prevent surgery, but I can tell it's not working.  I'm going to PT tomorrow and going to talk to them, and then call the doctor.  :(  

I work in a very small office, only one full time city route and one aux route.  There really isn't much I can do there.  Just sucks.  

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
So you are advising lying to an employer who also is the federal government? WOW!

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Aw I am sorry, my mom used to be a carrier but got hurt on the job and is rehab, she was a 204b for a few years and now is trained in clerk work, she does pass ports and FAMS now. Can you check and see if they will let you do LIMITED duty? I know that when my mom broke her foot, again while working they set up a stool at her case so she can sort of sit and case? Of course she broke her foot while at work so if she was off and it would be on the job off and not touch her annual. How much sick leave do you have, remember you can use up ALL your sick leave before it goes to ANNUAL.

How did you break your foot? If you don't mind me asking, is there anyway you can say its on the job. Ask your supervisor real nicely if there is any paper work, my mom's office a sub plant so they have lots of work that you can do while sitting.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Aw I am sorry, yeah we live in suburb of Los Angeles, so there is lots to do out here. I would still look into workman's comp paying for some time off because of it being from overused, nothing ventured nothing gain. I also hope it heals in time, I don't know about Morton's Neuroma, but I know of some foot conditions that take a long time to heal. Hope you have a fast recovery!

Quoting Mom2Eden:

I didn't break my foot.  It's a condition of the foot caused by overuse.  It's called Morton's Neuroma and we have done physical therapy trying to prevent surgery, but I can tell it's not working.  I'm going to PT tomorrow and going to talk to them, and then call the doctor.  :(  

I work in a very small office, only one full time city route and one aux route.  There really isn't much I can do there.  Just sucks.  

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I did not ask about her condition with intention of having her lie to any federal agency, it was merely to inform her that she may legitimately have a right to compensation due to her injury. I know this since my mother is a letter carrier who has worked for the postal service for 25 years.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

So you are advising lying to an employer who also is the federal government? WOW!

Quoting snowpeasmom:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Perhaps that was your intention. It would have been better worded in a way that doesn't suggest fraud. Maybe something like "could the injury be work related" or "is this a condition that resulted from walking all day" as opposed to "could you say it happened at work".

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I did not ask about her condition with intention of having her lie to any federal agency, it was merely to inform her that she may legitimately have a right to compensation due to her injury. I know this since my mother is a letter carrier who has worked for the postal service for 25 years.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM
And if your condition is work related and you are out on workers comp I would not suggest taking a Disney vacation and walking around theme parks all day. That just wouldn't look too good.
my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Hope you get back on your feet really soon so you can tackle your walking at Disney.I hope you enjoy your recovery and the time off from work, take it easy and  keep us posted! 

patnic
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Scooter!

sessccii
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM

the silver lining you are looking for is even though you are  not on your feet. you get to be first in line on all rides and sit in front of shows. you will be okay. blessings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN