Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

I'm going to have to have surgery

Posted by   + Show Post

And all I can think of is.....I'm going to be off work a while so how can I get to Disney in that time, lol.  I'm a city carrier for the USPS, and I walk 20 miles a day.  And the surgery I'm going to have to have is on my foot, so I'm going to be off work a while, a long while I think.  Ugh.  Trying to find the silver lining is this.  

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (11-16):
Mom2Eden
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Are you freakin kidding me?!?!  Seriously how did this even become a debate or an issue.  I can't go to Disney, I'm just trying honestly to cheer myself up.  And yea I would definitely have to have a scooter if I went, I can't hardly walk.  

I did not take the first post to be advising me to lie at all.  Ridiculous.....

My condition is from the fact that I walk a lot, like 20+ miles a day 6 days a week, and if I didn't do that then I likely wouldn't have this condition.  So should I apply for workman's comp, yes probably.  Do I want to apply for workman's comp, no not really.  I would rather burn through my sick and annual then to have to deal with that and all the paperwork and issues from my boss, I know it's a total PITA.  

And now I know why I rarely post topics on here.  This board used to be a place I felt comfortable coming and sharing but it seems lately all people do here is try to pick each other apart.  Guess I'll go back to posting in groups on fb where people don't try to attack each other.  

Sorry if this post caused any stress or drama to anyone.  I was just looking for a bright spot in my future, and yea I know I can't do Disney, I'm gonna be completely broke with no income.  It's going to be very interesting how I'm going to make it since I'm a single mom with no child support and no income.  And I have all the regular bills that everyone else has.  House payment, car payment, etc.  Blah.....  

And to those who replied and were being genuine I appreciate it.  Think I'll go cry again now.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I'm sorry some people are like that. This group in general is a good group though. I didn't see that response as telling you to lie or commit fraud either but i guess people's perspectives are all different. And I totally understand where you're coming from! If you're going to be out of work with all this free time I'd love to spend it at Disney too! Wish that we're possible for you ...

Quoting Mom2Eden:

Are you freakin kidding me?!?!  Seriously how did this even become a debate or an issue.  I can't go to Disney, I'm just trying honestly to cheer myself up.  And yea I would definitely have to have a scooter if I went, I can't hardly walk.  

My condition is from the fact that I walk a lot, like 20+ miles a day 6 days a week, and if I didn't do that then I likely wouldn't have this condition.  So should I apply for workman's comp, yes probably.  Do I want to apply for workman's comp, no not really.  I would rather burn through my sick and annual then to have to deal with that and all the paperwork and issues from my boss, I know it's a total PITA.  

And now I know why I rarely post topics on here.  This board used to be a place I felt comfortable coming and sharing but it seems lately all people do here is try to pick each other apart.  Guess I'll go back to posting in groups on fb where people don't try to attack each other.  

Sorry if this post caused any stress or drama to anyone.  I was just looking for a bright spot in my future, and yea I know I can't do Disney, I'm gonna be completely broke with no income.  It's going to be very interesting how I'm going to make it since I'm a single mom with no child support and no income.  And I have all the regular bills that everyone else has.  House payment, car payment, etc.  Blah.....  

And to those who replied and were being genuine I appreciate it.  Think I'll go cry again now.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I am really sorry, I understand not wanting to apply for workman comp, it is a pain. I hope your foot recovery quickly, or they find some office work for you. So, you are not completely out of leave.

Then maybe next year you can try to do Disney again. I am really sorry, if any of my words offended you or caused you pain, I was trying to be helpful. I wish you luck and a very speedy recovery.

Quoting Mom2Eden:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

jeri.arellanes
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I'll be praying for you!  There's always a silver lining.  Just keep searching!  Blessings!

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Silver Lining - Maybe you could do a cruise this time.  I know they still involve walking, but not as much as when in the parks.  And with a scooter.  My mother broke her ankle a few years ago and had a knee scooter:

It is not as bulky as a full size sit scooter and her knee helped support her.

Mom2Eden
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Oh wow thank you for posting the knee scooter.  I have never seen one of those.  And yea a cruise would be wonderful, but doubt we could afford it.  My aunt lives in New Smyrna Beach, so we may go visit her after my surgery.  I know I will have to be off work minimum 6-8 weeks.  

I am so ready to get back to work.  :(  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)