Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Discounts

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hey Everyone! We are planning a family trip to Disneyland in May. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places to get discounted tickets? DH doesn't qualify for the military discount. I'm trying to find discounts through my union at work and my sister is trying to find discounts through AAA. Does anyone know of any other places to check? Any information is appreciated! Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
The only other certified disney ticket seller is undercover tourist. I believe they sell DL tix I haven't looked at DL just DW.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Are you doing any other activities in the area? I know the Southern California CityPass has a lot to do including Disneyland and at a great price. 

snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

my cousin used to get discounted tickets through a great program but Disney put them out of business this year, with their new policy of taking photos of all those with 3 day park hopper tickets. My cousin is really upset about it because that is what they used every year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RobsPrincess24
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Thank you! I will check that out. =) 

Quoting angelmom224:

The only other certified disney ticket seller is undercover tourist. I believe they sell DL tix I haven't looked at DL just DW.

RobsPrincess24
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

No, we are just doing Disneyland. I can't miss too much work and my SD can't miss too much school. =(  

Quoting mbrowne1:

Are you doing any other activities in the area? I know the Southern California CityPass has a lot to do including Disneyland and at a great price. 

RobsPrincess24
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Aww, that is a total bummer! =( 

Quoting snowpeasmom:

my cousin used to get discounted tickets through a great program but Disney put them out of business this year, with their new policy of taking photos of all those with 3 day park hopper tickets. My cousin is really upset about it because that is what they used every year.

lili_monkey
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Why do they take photos of the tickets?

Quoting snowpeasmom:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM
They take a photo of the ticket holder so that you cannot buy a 7 day pass use 3 and then give it (sell it) to someone else to use the other 4.

Quoting lili_monkey:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

lili_monkey
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Oh! Wow, I never would have even thought of that.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

They take a photo of the ticket holder so that you cannot buy a 7 day pass use 3 and then give it (sell it) to someone else to use the other 4.

Quoting lili_monkey:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Other people had and it became a big business. We had friends that did it a few years ago. Bought four 5 day passes and one family went the first 2 and the second the next 3 and they saved something like $75 per person, per family on the tickets. It's not alot but $300 covers alot of extras. And the more days the more savings.

Quoting lili_monkey:

Oh! Wow, I never would have even thought of that.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting lili_monkey:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)