Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Planning - Are you the only one who does it? Or does your DH/SO help?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love this group because my DH just doesn't get into the whole Disney/vacation planning, he is more along for the ride and has fun while there but doesn't care to talk about it, plan it or anything until we are actually there, he is kind of a kill joy in that sense. I don't like to share with friends either because I don't want to look like I'm bragging, as most of my friends/family don't have the money to go to the Zoo let alone Disney World. We are far from rich, we are pay check to pay check but I try to make vacation a once a year thing so I save where I can. Usually tax return is how we make it happen. 

I wish I knew someone that was as into Disney and traveling as I am, it would make it more fun to plan with someone than doing it all myself. Anyone else do all the planning? Do you share with friends? Do you post on facebook or just kind of keep it to yourself? 

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aeELE
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am doing all the Disney planning too :) 

I have girlfriends that love Disney as well, they're even vacation club members (I wish, lol), and we have gone several times together. Things have changed though since this year I am family planning instead of grown up fun times with the girls planning. I am loving it, but I miss having someone to hash it out with. The girls still love to talk Disney, but can't add much to the convo when it concerns making it magical for my SS3, and DH doesn't quite have my enthusiasm for Disney chatting! 

erin708
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Mine can care less also. He just goes with my flow. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I do it all but that's more of my bossy nature than DH's lack of caring. LOL! We go every year so at this point I know where everyone likes to eat and know how to plan our days and they knowto stay out of my way and let me plan. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have disney fanatic friends so we get to talk about it all the time. My family though aren't big planners, they think I am crazy how I plan everything, though they are quick to invite me along on their disney trips and reap all my hard work...lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Most of the time we've done Disney it's been as a family reunion. I do the main planning with input from my sister-in-laws and we dictate to the others. I've always loved the planning aspect. Building up the trip with the little details for each person in our family - their favorite rides, characters, restaurants, and anticipating their reactions brings a huge smile to my face. I had so much fun planning the reunions I'm now a Disney TA, lol! I also like to get the kids' input now when we go as I think it adds to their fun. It's rare the amount I share with friends on social media - they know I'm a Disneyaholic and simply roll their eyes when Disney comes up :)

.LoVeMyBuG.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM

How did you become a Disney TA? Sounds like fun! Does it pay okay? I would just maybe do it for fun once my youngest starts school. Can you PM me the details? :) 

Thanks!

Quoting mbrowne1:

Most of the time we've done Disney it's been as a family reunion. I do the main planning with input from my sister-in-laws and we dictate to the others. I've always loved the planning aspect. Building up the trip with the little details for each person in our family - their favorite rides, characters, restaurants, and anticipating their reactions brings a huge smile to my face. I had so much fun planning the reunions I'm now a Disney TA, lol! I also like to get the kids' input now when we go as I think it adds to their fun. It's rare the amount I share with friends on social media - they know I'm a Disneyaholic and simply roll their eyes when Disney comes up :)

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I absolutely love planning vacations, especially to Disney! Some of my family members join in occasionally, but for the most part, its just me. My fiance hasn't said much so far, I think he might be a little more excited once the time gets a little closer, but for now he just isn't interested. Which is fine by me, I can make it all about what ds wants to do!

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM

It's all on me. I don't mind. Even most of my family and friends let me plan their trips now. 

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I do almost all of the dinning reservations, because I am a sahm and can do some at anytime during the day.  If the Disney site is being slow, it does not matter if I am on for 10 minutes or 1 1/2 hours.  DH and I both will choose where we want to eat(we usually do TS for lunch, in the park we are at, to get a break from the heat and to 'force' our kids to have some down time during the day without feeling like they are missing out on park time.  Other than ADRs, we don't do much other planning.  We did some extra planning for this trip.  We are going to be in WDW for July 4th.  DH and I both want to be in MK for the fireworks that night.  

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I do all the planning but my husband does help when I ask. I normally check with him on places he wants to eat on a specific trip and then sorta plan our days out. I don't heavily plan our trips anymore just because we've hit the go with the flow mentality. Since becoming DVC members my husband gets a little confused on how to book our rooms so I take care of everything. I do run it past him on where we want to stay but other then that and maybe a dining suggestion he's pretty much out of it. He is great though cause I'm always looking things up just cause lol. He's obsessed with Disney now but not when it comes to planning :-).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN