Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

My son loves Disney Princesses. Is that weird?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 20 Replies

My 2 year old loves the Disney princesses and a lot of the Disney Junior shows that are geared towards little girl audiences. He is very much a rough and tumble boy, he loves sports, wrestling and other "boy" things. But he always says that the princesses are so pretty, and he likes for me to wear dresses so I can be a pretty princess too. And he sings along to all the songs on Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, and he loves Minnie's Bow-tique. (He does the same with Mickey, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Chuggington as well) A relative recently told me while my son was singing along to "True Sisters" from Sofia, that I should stop him from watching the girly shows. My son knows that he is a boy, and never has any gender confusion about the princess shows. I asked him once if he was a prince or princess once, just to see if he understood, and he said no, he's a pirate and mommy is a princess. I don't see any problem with him liking those shows. Does anyone have any boys that like these shows too?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was the same way, his favorite movie for awhile was Snow White. Though Sofia the first wasn't around. He liked Dora better than Degio. I don't think its weird. He is now 5 and likes Fish Hooks and Phines and Ferb, I miss him liking Disney Jr...lol.

Oh and the movie of the week in the car is Snow White. He always choose a movie of the week for the van, because on Wednesday I have to drive an hour with him in the car one way. It is almost always Disney. For THREE months, it was Aladdin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

-bliss-
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:26 AM
All of my boys like those shows, lol. My oldest just turned six:) they like princesses bc they think they're "pretty". they don't try to do princess things and they're very much in to wrestling, fighting, dirt, sports, being loud/crazy and such.... They also love batman, ninja turtles, sonic and other shows.

They call me princess mommy and tell me how beautiful I look all the time:) I think they just have an early appreciation of women, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you need to by worried.

midwestern_mama
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

My son is also the same way.  He's 7 and loves watching all the girly shows with his two sisters.  He thinks theyre pretty and loves how colorful the shows are.  He's all boy though.  He's in wrestling and loves his Legos.  

Necie72
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM

There's nothing wrong with it.  Kids love ALL shows for their age and as they age, they tend to lean more toward "gender specific" shows.  Even if they don't, it's still fine.  DD's make believe friends are Jake and his whole entire crew!  LOL  She says Jake is her brother and Izzy is her sister.  She also loves Sofia and all the other shows.  Her birthday theme was Jake and friends.  I made sure that the cake had all of the characters, but she would have been fine with just Jake!

Sweetest_Britt
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG That is RIDICULOUS! Dude....people just need to let kids be KIDS. My son, who is EIGHT now, loves Tinkerbell. He thinks she's gorgeous. So he picked out Tinkerbell sunglesses. I let him get them and wear them. Everyone at WDW loved them, and thought he was adorable. 

He's a boy...who likes pretty girls. What's weird about that?? Bren has NO gender identity crisis issues, he likes Transformers and pirates, but he thinks Tinkerbell is AWESOME. 

His shirt I made him! :D

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I love that shirt! How did you make it? Is that a pre-made iron on?
Jenniy
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
My 8yro son loves My Little Pony
mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. My 17 year old brother watches my little pony too! I know more teenage boys and grown men that watch MLP than little girls

Quoting Jenniy:

Jenniy
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol my friend is 35 and he watches it too

Quoting mom2jasper:

Lol. My 17 year old brother watches my little pony too! I know more teenage boys and grown men that watch MLP than little girls

Quoting Jenniy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN