Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Help!! I need some advice.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

We have a trip booked for October 6-11 but after reading on here that the Halloween party that week maybe  on Sunday (the day we arrive) and Thursday (the day before we leave) I'm thinking about changing and arriving on Monday then leaving on Saturday.    Heres where I need help----we are booked at Pop Century, 3 days ticket, park hopper and quick serve plan for October 6-11.  If I change the dates to October 7-12, change to All-Star Sports, get 4 day tickets with park hopper and the quick serve plan it only cost $2 more than I originally paid.

So....we have only stayed at the All-Star Movies and really liked it.  What do you think?  Would you move from Pop to Sports?  If I change the dates and add a days ticket to stay at Pop it costs about $58.00 more.    My husband says its up to me.  Help!!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I stayed at movies and sports and liked sports better. I haven't stayed at other disney properties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_ryan
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have stayed at movies and pop but my stayed at the sports and he really liked it.  I actually prefer staying at the movies for the "theme" of it.  I have two boys and the pop really wasn't that great for them.  the theme at movies was much better.  One down fall is the sharing of buses at sports but they may not even been an issue because of the time of year you are going.  I was there in March and we had no problems with sharing the buses.  Disney seemed to add more buses when it was crowded.  I guess what I am saying is if money is a big thing for you to save, I would switch to sports for sure!!!  Hope this helps and have a great time at MNSSHP.  me and DH had a blast

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
For an additional park day the trade off is worth it. Pop IMO isn't all that and really not any better than Sports. Just different.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I've never stayed at either but from what I've heard and seen online, the all stars are better for kids than Pop century. I would save the money, especially if you want to do MNSSHP. That adds a lot to the cost.
ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM

We stayed at Pop, but haven't stayed at the others.  Its okay, nothing spectacular, and the themeing didn't really appeal to my son.  But, there was nothing wrong with it.  I haven't stayed at the others.

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never stayed at any value other then Sports. We enjoyed the hotel just fine. In all honesty if you're only paying $2 more for an extra day at the parks by moving to Sports I'd do it. Think about how much time you're actually going to be spending at the hotel vs the parks. If you're really only going to sleep and shower then I think it's more then worth it to give up Pop :-). Staying with Pop for only $58 more isn't that much money, but it's still money back in your pocket if you don't choose to stay there. It really comes down to where do you want to stay?
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
When we went we stayed at Sports,never have stayed at Pop,but it was said on some post here (my memory fail's me,which one) that the room's at Pop are small.

We loved the Sports resort.I'd go for it $2 more and another day.....YEAH! And at the Sports there is a huge lobby,bus stop right at the front,a large pool and a kiddie pool,a gift shop,games and nightly movies at the pool,4 or 5 play area's of various kinds,a characture artist and a QS style restaurant and a walk up type bar.A laundry room and luggage storage.We had a small refrigerator in our room and a small safe.And a game arcade.
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Quoting crazybones27:

I've never stayed at any value other then Sports. We enjoyed the hotel just fine. In all honesty if you're only paying $2 more for an extra day at the parks by moving to Sports I'd do it. Think about how much time you're actually going to be spending at the hotel vs the parks. If you're really only going to sleep and shower then I think it's more then worth it to give up Pop :-). Staying with Pop for only $58 more isn't that much money, but it's still money back in your pocket if you don't choose to stay there. It really comes down to where do you want to stay?

Your right there.....now if we had the money we would stay closer to MK and Epcot.When we stayed at Sports before my teenage daughter said,we have more money to spend this way.And ours day's went where I would go into the resort restaurant and get my coffee and a doughnut/fruit/whatever and get my dd juice/doughnut/whatever,go back to the room and finish my coffee,shower and get dressed.We would leave the room's with our DW mugs and fill them up with ICE cold drinks and walk thru to lobby to the bus stops(right outside the door).Get on the bus to the park we were going to and have fun.Eat an early dinner(4:00/5:00),go back to the room,put our leftover food (huge meals) in the frige,change clothes(if needed)drop our souvineers on the bed and get our mugs filled and get a bus again...have more fun till we were so tired and go back to the room,get our leftovers take them to the resort restaurant and nuke 'em,eat by the pool(if they were still open).Then go to bed.If we were not hungry we would save the food for breakfast.

See,we were rarely in the room,so why spend high prices.
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM
To me staying at a bus resort there would be no trips back to the resort. Just too much time spent on a bus.

Quoting dfollin:

Quoting crazybones27:

Your right there.....now if we had the money we would stay closer to MK and Epcot.When we stayed at Sports before my teenage daughter said,we have more money to spend this way.And ours day's went where I would go into the resort restaurant and get my coffee and a doughnut/fruit/whatever and get my dd juice/doughnut/whatever,go back to the room and finish my coffee,shower and get dressed.We would leave the room's with our DW mugs and fill them up with ICE cold drinks and walk thru to lobby to the bus stops(right outside the door).Get on the bus to the park we were going to and have fun.Eat an early dinner(4:00/5:00),go back to the room,put our leftover food (huge meals) in the frige,change clothes(if needed)drop our souvineers on the bed and get our mugs filled and get a bus again...have more fun till we were so tired and go back to the room,get our leftovers take them to the resort restaurant and nuke 'em,eat by the pool(if they were still open).Then go to bed.If we were not hungry we would save the food for breakfast.

See,we were rarely in the room,so why spend high prices.

dfollin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Quoting awesomemommy2:

It's not that bad.I do not have a car so I am used to taking buses or walking and I have bad legs and feet too.Oh well!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)