Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staying in Disneyland vs. Good Neighbor Hotel

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello Again! My sister and I are trying to plan out our trip to Disneyland in May. My husband is determined to stay in Disneyland. My sister was leaning towards staying in the park too, but just called and said her husband did some research and said some of the good neighbor hotels were actually closer to the park. What are some pros and cons to staying in the park and same for a good neighbor hotel?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Expense! Staying at the Disney hotels is expensive. For what we spent for 3 days at the Grand Californian we stayed for a week off property. There are great hotels right around there that are less expensive and within less walking distance than the DL hotel and Paradise Pier. But it is a great experience if you are willing to spend the $$.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaXRandi
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I have done both and yes your sister is right, the only Disney hotel that is closer than a good neighbor is the grand Californian and that's $$$$. We are going in 3 weeks and booked ourselves a suite for less than a regular Disney hotel room. Unless you plan on spending lots if time at the hotel, it's not worth the extra $$
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
We own Wyndham vacation club and they have 2 properties that if we did not own would rent cheaper than the Disney. And they are villas with separate bedrooms, full kitchen, washer/dryers. To me the only benefit is saying that you stayed there.
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Yes there are a few hotels closer to the park than Disneyland Hotel but they don't have a monorail, and the pool at the Disneyland hotel is OMG the best. I have stayed at 6 of the Good Neighbors and all of the DIsneyland hotels.

California Adenture hotel is my favorite but Disneyland hotel has the best pool, out of all the pools around. The good neighbors you have to cross a busy street, where Disneyland hotel you just have to walk through Downtown Disney. Disneyland hotel has the best charater breakfast. You can get a meal plan with Disneyland hotel. You have morning madness.

Cons usually cost about $100 more than most good neighbors. Some of the Good Neighbors have bigger rooms with kichenttes. Those are what I can think of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)