Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Dining options

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have had my picks for about 2 months now. However, with ADR-day only 15 days away, I am now panicking and second guessing what I want. 

Hotel wise, I would prefer to keep them to the MK monorail loop for convenience of getting there (we had a huge long issue getting to a non loop hotel for something last year, and even though we are not staying on a loop hotel, I know exactly how to get to them). 

I have 2 adventurous eaters and 2 extremely picky eaters in the group. My youngest and I both are more likely to eat from the kids menu anywhere that serves something more ethnic, so I would just prefer to avoid that.

What would your choices be of these restaurants? I have 7 credits, but plan to have 8 meals (1 per day, so if we choose CRT, at least 2 will be out of pocket)

CRT

Ohana

Sci-Fi

50's Prime Time

Planet Hollywood

Liberty Tree Tavern

Garden Grill

Crystal Palace (B or L)

1900 Park Fare (B)

chef Mickey's (B orD)

Tusker House (B)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Sci-Fi (food is just OK but atmosphere is great). We went to 1900 Park Fare in 2011 and the food was lousy but the characters were great. I like Liberty Tree Tavern. 50s Prime Time is good but I would suggest paying out of pocket. It's not that pricey compared to other places, save the more expensive places for the dining plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I say take planet Hollywood off list. They are all over the country and nothing special about them. And it's at DTD.

As much as I like liberty tree tavern I would also take that off the list. The meal there is IMO too filling for a day walking around the park unless you get a burger or sandwich which you really could do anywhere. You go there for the thanksgiving feast.

Not sure with your fussy eaters but you may want to skip Ohana.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
And tusker house has a ton of ethic food. Some regular stuff like chicken nuggets and corn dogs but may not be worth it. What about yak and yeti at AK?
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Tusker and Ohana would both be Breakfast. I have done Tusker House and was fine with the foods available there. 

Is Yak and Yeti the Oriental food one?

Quoting awesomemommy2:

And tusker house has a ton of ethic food. Some regular stuff like chicken nuggets and corn dogs but may not be worth it. What about yak and yeti at AK?

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Yes. My husband won't eat Chinese food (or really any Asian inspired cuisine) and we have eaten there several times. They have a kobe beef burger which is excellent and things like the sweet and sour chicken can be served with the sauce on the side so that its pretty plain. Also its the more basic Asian offering.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Tusker and Ohana would both be Breakfast. I have done Tusker House and was fine with the foods available there. 

Is Yak and Yeti the Oriental food one?

Quoting awesomemommy2:

romalove
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:44 AM

We love 1900 Park Faire for breakfast.  Characters are Pooh, Tigger, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, British Lit characters.  The food is really good.

We also love Prime Time 50's.  The food is "homey" so if you have less adventurous eaters they will find pot roast, meat loaf, fried chicken, etc.  The atmosphere is fun and not formal, the waiters will pretend you are part of the family, and it's not overly expensive.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Skip planet Hollywood. There's nothing special or good about that place
mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Definitely skip planet Hollywood. It's horrible. Thats the only one that I wouldn't consider. CRT was the best meal I've ever had on any vacation. And I love Tusker House, garden grill, and crystal palace. I guess it depends on what your interests are. My son is all about characters so we have TH, GG, Crystal palace, and chef Mickey out of your options planned for our upcoming trip. I would have loved to do 1900 Park Fare too, but I don't think any of those characters would mean much to him

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

I have had my picks for about 2 months now. However, with ADR-day only 15 days away, I am now panicking and second guessing what I want. 

Hotel wise, I would prefer to keep them to the MK monorail loop for convenience of getting there (we had a huge long issue getting to a non loop hotel for something last year, and even though we are not staying on a loop hotel, I know exactly how to get to them). 

I have 2 adventurous eaters and 2 extremely picky eaters in the group. My youngest and I both are more likely to eat from the kids menu anywhere that serves something more ethnic, so I would just prefer to avoid that.

What would your choices be of these restaurants? I have 7 credits, but plan to have 8 meals (1 per day, so if we choose CRT, at least 2 will be out of pocket)

CRT

Ohana

Sci-Fi

50's Prime Time

Planet Hollywood

Liberty Tree Tavern

Garden Grill

Crystal Palace (B or L)

1900 Park Fare (B)

chef Mickey's (B orD)

Tusker House (B)

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I would skip Planet Hollywood.  If your only reason for CRT is to eat with princesses, you can eat with them at Akershus in Norway in Epcot also and it is only 1 credit.  

I would do Chef Mickey's for breakfast.  I seen mixed reviews for dinner.

Not trying to confuse you more, but DH and I love Coral Reef in the seas in Epcot.  It has a huge aquarium along 1 wall and they gave us a flyer with silhouettes of the sea life that is in the tank.  DH and I could relax and talk while the kids looked for them all.

erin708
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM
See I loved planet hollywood. Mainly cause I'm a picky eater. They have one dish I love so whenever we go to disney we eat there. I liked chef mickeys for bfast. Sci fi was fun but I had a hard time finding something I liked. I'm a kids menu person too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN