Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

I have had my picks for about 2 months now. However, with ADR-day only 15 days away, I am now panicking and second guessing what I want. 

Hotel wise, I would prefer to keep them to the MK monorail loop for convenience of getting there (we had a huge long issue getting to a non loop hotel for something last year, and even though we are not staying on a loop hotel, I know exactly how to get to them). 

I have 2 adventurous eaters and 2 extremely picky eaters in the group. My youngest and I both are more likely to eat from the kids menu anywhere that serves something more ethnic, so I would just prefer to avoid that.

What would your choices be of these restaurants? I have 7 credits, but plan to have 8 meals (1 per day, so if we choose CRT, at least 2 will be out of pocket)

CRT

Ohana

Sci-Fi

50's Prime Time

Planet Hollywood

Liberty Tree Tavern

Garden Grill

Crystal Palace (B or L)

1900 Park Fare (B)

chef Mickey's (B orD)

Tusker House (B)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (11-17):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I did both Coral Reef and Akershus last year, and was not a huge fan of the food at either location. I preferred the food choices at CRT to Akershus, but the atmosphere was similar at both. 

Quoting nova.mommy:

I would skip Planet Hollywood.  If your only reason for CRT is to eat with princesses, you can eat with them at Akershus in Norway in Epcot also and it is only 1 credit.  

I would do Chef Mickey's for breakfast.  I seen mixed reviews for dinner.

Not trying to confuse you more, but DH and I love Coral Reef in the seas in Epcot.  It has a huge aquarium along 1 wall and they gave us a flyer with silhouettes of the sea life that is in the tank.  DH and I could relax and talk while the kids looked for them all.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Coral reef is great but unless you are seafood eaters the offerings are limited. I think they have one chicken and one steak and the only kiddie kids meal is pizza.

Quoting nova.mommy:

I would skip Planet Hollywood.  If your only reason for CRT is to eat with princesses, you can eat with them at Akershus in Norway in Epcot also and it is only 1 credit.  

Not trying to confuse you more, but DH and I love Coral Reef in the seas in Epcot.  It has a huge aquarium along 1 wall and they gave us a flyer with silhouettes of the sea life that is in the tank.  DH and I could relax and talk while the kids looked for them all.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We will be doing Tusker House for lunch in July.  I have never been either, but when looking at the menu's Tusker seemed to have more for my kids than Yak and Yeti(even though DH and I would like it better, we do not want to hear the kids complain all day).  But I also don't think Yak and Yeti has breakfast.

I'm sure whatever you choose will be the best for your family and that is what is important.  Satistfy them, not us on CafeMom.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

I did both Coral Reef and Akershus last year, and was not a huge fan of the food at either location. I preferred the food choices at CRT to Akershus, but the atmosphere was similar at both. 

Quoting nova.mommy:

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Eat at Ohana everyday, lol. I would.
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I wound up submitting my requests. I split all the character meals into two groups, and had both girls pick one they liked from each group. They chose the same ones- 1900 and Ohana (breakfast). 

I dropped CRT, Planet Hollywood, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace. I may add something else in at some point, or not. I have 1 sit down scheduled per day, so 1 meal will be OOP. I almost went ahead with Planet Hollywood for one of the days when we have no parks, because my FIL will meet up with us, but then I decided if he does that, we can also go off property to eat instead, and it will be much cheaper. 

Thanks for your input!

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Check out house of blues at DTD. I was able to get dining certificates from Restaurant.com. I paid $20 for a $50 gift card.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

I wound up submitting my requests. I split all the character meals into two groups, and had both girls pick one they liked from each group. They chose the same ones- 1900 and Ohana (breakfast). 

I dropped CRT, Planet Hollywood, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace. I may add something else in at some point, or not. I have 1 sit down scheduled per day, so 1 meal will be OOP. I almost went ahead with Planet Hollywood for one of the days when we have no parks, because my FIL will meet up with us, but then I decided if he does that, we can also go off property to eat instead, and it will be much cheaper. 

Thanks for your input!

minneapolismama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I would drop planet Hollywood and chef Mickeys. You have 3 Mickey character meals.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN