Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Trip Update

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
I swear I have been trying so hard to get back in a groove since we got home. We had an awesome time and tho I never told the kids they were going until the morning they were like "oh cool" lol and that was it. Go figure.

Summary: weather was obviously better than what I have but nothing spectacular we had maybe 5 hours total at the pool.

Magic kingdom: INSANE. It was so so so busy. I would never go around spring break / Easter EVER again. We spent 3 hours and both of our kids were melting down and needed to leave. We didn't even attempt to go back for electric parade or fireworks. It was terrible. Only met the princesses (which we waited 45 min for) and never got on a ride. Everything was 60+ minutes and with a 6 year old & 3 year old not possible. Had a fast pass for Little mermaid ride in fantasy land and as we walked by a half hour before our return time we overhead it was shut down for the rest of the day. That was the moment we left.

Hollywood studios: kids had a blast. Much less crowded and they got to meet a lot of characters and see a few shows without any wait at all so we had a great day there.

Epcot: husband and I went during magic hours to go around the world and had a fun night then of course the next day (our last full day there) we wanted to spend all day at Epcot with the kids and my 3 year old was throwing up with a fever all day. AWESOME lol

Yacht Club was AMAZING. Kids loved the pool and the staff and customer service was exceptional! Plus the location was perfect. We spent a lot of time on the boardwalk and loved that we were so close to Epcot and Hollywood studios.

Our company hooked us up with parties every night - one night a private showing and dinner at Indiana jones which was great - pirate party with characters at the hotel which allowed the kids a great encounter with Mickey Minnie goofy Donald Captain Hook & Mr Smee they loved it. Pixar party and private VIP area for illuminations at Epcot another night! I love my job lol

All in all the "no reservations" went fine :) especially because the kids were so random of when they were tired and ready to be done I'm glad I only had the cape may cafe reservation because it allowed us a TON of flexibility.

Good family Vacay but again would never go around the time we did ever EVER again. I was really sad about the magic kingdom :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Sorry it wasn't that great. I avoid disney like the plague around Easter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Glad you had some good times together. It is hard to go during a busy season.
MamaJessx3
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Yeah I've been an annual passholder for years and I avoid Disney altogether from like mid march to mid April...but especially the week before and after Easter! Tuesday was the first time I went since mid march and it wasn't bad at all.
snowpeasmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I am sorry about the Magic Kingdom and I so agree, I avoid both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, for three weeks around Spring Break, and for the WHOLE month of JULY you couldn't pay me to go to either parks then....well maybe pay me but I know I would be miserable and avoid most rides.

The company you work for sounds like it has some great perks. Glad that part was fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

NewMommyB
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
YES!!! It's awesome. I'm a fitness coach from home and the perks and fun stuff we get us AHHHHHMAZING :)

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I am sorry about the Magic Kingdom and I so agree, I avoid both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, for three weeks around Spring Break, and for the WHOLE month of JULY you couldn't pay me to go to either parks then....well maybe pay me but I know I would be miserable and avoid most rides.

The company you work for sounds like it has some great perks. Glad that part was fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LS1030
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Wow I thought my job was great for sending me to a conference at Disney...yours takes the cake! Sounds awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)