Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Princess Dress

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 27 Replies
Taking dd for first WDW trip this summer. Plan to do one princess meal. Do girls really wear princess dresses? What about the rest of the day at the park? Seems hot and uncomfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Yes they do. My son wore a complete captian hook outfit, I did have a change of shorts and shirt for him, but he didn't want to wear them. I see girls in the dress all the time, I also see a lot of parents changing their children in the bathroom from/to the princess outfit, some put the princess outfit over their regular clothes and remove it as the child wants it removed or put on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I bought a light dress locally and she wore it all day. This isn't the best pic but you can get the idea.
princesskt
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I' ve seen children in the princess dresses all over the park...Some of them even get their hair done @ the park.

Congrats on the trip...Enjoy!

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
My dd6 wears a princess dress one day during our stay. That is our character day - the day we have pics taken with all characters we can find. We don't do as many rides that day, but we still do some. No water rides though. She has never complained and loves the attention she gets. This last time a group of teen age girls was getting autographs from the "little princesses" (little girls dressed up) and they just went completely gaga over her.
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Yes you will see girls in dresses all over the parks all day long!
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yes, they do! All day! My dd's will wear it. But I take an extra change of clothes just in case.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Some do, but when we at a Akershus(in Epcot-princess dinning) most did not.  DD wore a skort outfit that had Cinderella on it.

mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

A lot of the girls do - they are dressed up for the ball themselves! Just bring along a change of clothes in the backpack. If you want to also have a fancy hairdo and not go to BBB, you can do that ahead of time in the hotel room before you head out to the parks. Mini crowns like the ones at BBB can be purchased in the shops there or we have a local store in Dallas that sells them too. 

askmommy
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Thanks! Time to find a dress.
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM
When DD was 2 she wore her Cinderella costume to breakfast at CRT. We also got one for her bear. DH thought it was a dumb idea but then he saw how cute she looked and that other girls wore them too. It's so cute to see them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN