Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!
Taking dd for first WDW trip this summer. Plan to do one princess meal. Do girls really wear princess dresses? What about the rest of the day at the park? Seems hot and uncomfortable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (21-27):
NeneMama
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
There are tons of litte goes in Princess dresses, and tons not. So either way works. I see you bought 5 - you little princess must be thrilled.

My daughter only took one princess dress and one pirate costume (she has a huge crush in Jack Sparrow) last September, but she already has me talked into 3 princess dresses, a pirate outfit, and a costume for the halloween party. But the dresses can make them so happy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM

My daughter wore hers the day we did the Princess breakfast at Akerhus.  I did take a change of clothes for her that day but she never wanted to change.

Necie72
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

We took a day trip to the MK last year.  We went to visit family in Miami and since we were so close, I took her for the day.  People were telling me to get her a dress, but since we were going just for a day, I just bought her a cute outfit that had the princesses on the shirt.  Cast members were still calling her princess.  The next time we go, we're staying for a week and I'll take everything to make her a princess for a day.  She got TONS of dress up for her birthday and Christmas.  If she needs a new one, I'll let her pick something out and I'll buy accessories and do her hair and make up myself.  I suggest a "cool" version, like one pictured that was a tank top style and having extra clothes handy just in case.

mom22tumblebugs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Not all girls do. When we did Akershus we just put the dress in my bag and before the mean they put it on over their shorts/shirt. It was 98 degrees and my girls we so hot and cranky. They didn't even want to go anymore.

BTW- if you do a princess meal, do not also do a princess meet and greet. My girls noticed that Belle looked different.

SAMI_JO
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Some do, but I don't know how they stand the heat and humity in those dresses. I think I would take a small bag with shorts and t-shirt.

Excitedforbaby
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM

We went last December and picked a sweet Minnie-esque dress instead.  (she was 23 months at the time!)

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Below (quote) was what she wore when we went to Cinderella's Royal Table. The next day, we had a late lunch at Akershus, and she wore this:

There is no right or wrong way- if you think she would like it, then have a dress. If not, no sweating it :)

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

I bought this dress for my niece off Etsy- handmade of satin, so it wasn't itchy. It was a tad long (we tacked it up several inches the night before we went). She put it on at BBB around 3pm, and kept it on for the rest of the night.

It was so comfy, she fell asleep in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)