Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

PhotoPass for 2 year old?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm so excited about our upcoming trip, so forgive me for the million posts, but I have one more question. (I think just one anyway) I signed up for the PhotoPass thing, but I didn't pay anything up front because I'm not sure it will be worth it. I know the PhotoPass Plus isn't good for us because my son can't get on any of the rides that it works for and we're only doing 2 of the character dining listed (chef Mickey's and Tusker House). But I'm not sure getting the CD is worth it either. I would like the idea of having all of our pictures on their, but the chances of me ever printing them out is pretty slim. I never get around to it. So I was thinking of just gettiing one of the photobooks. They look good, come already made so I don't have to do anything, and we can make a vacation tradition of it. Plus, I'll have my digital camera for anything that might not make it to the book. I need someone to tell me if my reasoning makes sense. I have no one at home to hash it out with, my DF just said to do whatever I want. That's no help!

frown mini

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Any PP photographer you see will also take your photo with your camera, so you can still get photos of all three of you in them :)

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Also, if you have the Disney Visa, stop by the Epcot meet and greet for a photo. Afterwards, take the pass they give you to the Epcot photo shop and they will print off a PhotoPass picture for you free of charge. 

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I always get the PhotoPass. The photographers have captured so many pictures I've missed. I take the pictures, embellish them online and get the CD. I hardly print the pictures but we'll look at them on the computer and I have them if I want to print them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM
They take pictures on some of the kids rides he can go on also. They take them on Buzz, and lots of times there will be a photographer at the Winnie the Pooh ride as well. You just never j know when a photographer will be taking pics of your kids. I think it'll be worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM
What is the price difference?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I think it is well worth it.  It is so nice to have all pictures in one place.  If you still want a photo book, there are several sites online that can make them for you.  They are often cheaper then the one Disney offers and are offered in brag book size to 8" x 11"(maybe even larger).  They won't have the Disney logo, but if you have other pictures of the vacation, you could put them in(think resort pool or outdoor area).  When you get the CD you get all the rights to the images to, so you can use the images on it however you want(even have a professional printer make a poster size print), I am not sure, but I don't think you get the rights to the images in the book.  And you can never get them back.

When we went in 2011, the photopass photgrapher took this:

My son was very shy and won't go up to Tiana and Naven,  DD ran up to them.  Naven came out to my son, sat him on the stone wall and talked to just him for 5 minutes(and got him to go see Tiana).  DS was 3 BTW.

Naven is not there anymore(so I have heard), but I was to emotional to get the camera out.  I love that the photographer was there.

We also get a new SD card for our camera for the trip so that after we download them to the computer we will always have a copy.  We are going this summer and I already pre-ordered the PhotoPass Plus card(they did not have the plus when we went before).

Outrageous
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Pre-purchase is always cheaper.... whether you do the Photo pass plus OR the regular CD..... read about it here...

Quoting awesomemommy2:

What is the price difference?

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I loved it. I had those pictures plus what I took. We ended up with over 900 pictures. We have pictures where a photographer was just walking by and the girls were playing and they stopped and started taking pictures of them. I didn't even think about but they're cute pictures.m

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Do you think I would come out better ordering the cd and making my own scrapbook, or just having Disney make one for me?

reneawesley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I would buy the cd. The photo book is nice but with the cd you have all the pictures. Plus you can have special  pictures. We have pics with hitch hiking ghosts, and the girls holding tinkerbell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)