Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Cruise Line Offers

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 31 Replies

You can enjoy special rates on select Disney Cruise Line® sailings departing from Miami this fall. Plus, you’ll be among the first to experience the newly reimagined Disney Magic® with new spaces and surprises to delight kids, adults and families!

5-Night Western Caribbean Cruises

• Starting at $125 per person, per day, based on double occupancy for Category 11 Standard Inside Stateroom on most sail dates Nov. 1 – Nov. 29, 2013 (excluding Nov. 24, 2013).

Booking Window:
• Must book through July 31, 2013

Additional Details:
• Excludes Government Taxes and Fees of approximately $80 per person for Western Caribbean cruises (all amounts subject to change).
• Gratuities and Port Adventures are not included.
• Category 11C Standard Inside Staterooms can accommodate up to 3 Guests aboard the Disney Magic.
• The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited. This offer cannot be combined with any other special offers or discounts.
• Rates are in U.S. dollars.
• Offer subject to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions.

* Click here to learn about getting $50-100 on board Credit

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Reynolds
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love to the cruise. It would take a lot of convincing to get my husband on a ship. :P Thank you though for booking our Disney World trip and our Branson family reunion. 

midwestern_mama
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Typically, how much is the cruise per person? My husband and I have been discussing doing a cruise next year, we have priced them out but we weren't given a per person per day rate, just a bundled rate. Also, how often does the disney cruise line have deals?
snowpeasmom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Depends on how many people are in a cabin. Most cabins are based on double occupancy at least, so if only one person is in a room they pay more. Though the 3rd and 4th person always pay less than the first two, though most cruise will just lower the price per person.

If you give me a little more information I could price out a cruise for you the best. Of course Aug-Nov are the cheaper times for cruise.

Your choices are

Magic (just referbished) Bahamahs or Carribean 3, 4, 5, & 7 day Cruise (3 & 4 are Bahamahs) out of Flordia, it also goes to Spain and Italy

Wonder goes Bahamahs or Carribean out of Florida, though also does Alaska in the summer 3 & 4 days in the Bahamahs (mostly Bahamahs)

Fantasy is always the Carribean 7 days out of Florida

Dreams is always Bahamahs 3 and 4 days out of Florida

The Magic and Wonder are cheaper to sail as they are older ships, though the Magic just got redone and if it becomes popular will probably start to rise in price.

Fantasy and Dream are more modern so their price run about $50 per person for the same type of cruise more than the other two.

Quoting midwestern_mama:

Typically, how much is the cruise per person? My husband and I have been discussing doing a cruise next year, we have priced them out but we weren't given a per person per day rate, just a bundled rate. Also, how often does the disney cruise line have deals?

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Yikes I paid less than that on the Carnival Dream last month, and that was for 7 days! :O (And it was three of us in a balcony - not even $1800)

Do you know when the 2015 itineraries comes out? My husband and I have been tossing around the idea of going for April vacation but we have a vacation booked for next year. He'd only go if it was Western carib since we've done Eastern twice already. We've done Carnival and NCL and are debating between Disney and RCI.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Royal Caribbean is an awesome cruise line! The best for the money IMO. Much nicer than carnival.

Quoting RMT1995:

Yikes I paid less than that on the Carnival Dream last month, and that was for 7 days! :O (And it was three of us in a balcony - not even $1800)

Do you know when the 2015 itineraries comes out? My husband and I have been tossing around the idea of going for April vacation but we have a vacation booked for next year. He'd only go if it was Western carib since we've done Eastern twice already. We've done Carnival and NCL and are debating between Disney and RCI.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Didn't have too much of a problem with Carnival, but we all really loved NCL. It's hard going to that next level financially and paying that much more when we could be spending it on the ship! :)

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Royal Caribbean is an awesome cruise line! The best for the money IMO. Much nicer than carnival.

Quoting RMT1995:

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I enjoyed carnival. I just find RCI to be cleaner and nicer ships overall.

Quoting RMT1995:

Didn't have too much of a problem with Carnival, but we all really loved NCL. It's hard going to that next level financially and paying that much more when we could be spending it on the ship! :)

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting RMT1995:

snowpeasmom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am certified expert in all four cruise lines, 2015 will come out in Aug or Sept. LOL Carnival is my less favorite, I have yet to actually cruise NCL. RCI and Disney are hard. RCI is really nice and more adult. Disney has no gambling which interesting enough is a con to a lot of my clients. Be prepared to pay twice what you paid for Carnival, but get 10 times better experince, ok maybe only 5 times better. I would be interested in your opinion of Carnival compare to NCL.  The only thing I know about NCL is what I read with Free Style Education.

RCI has an amazing 7 day Bahama cruise or 12 day Southern Carribean Cruise and of course Eastern (which you already have done) out of New York starting fall 2014.  RCI will release their 2015 dates in June.  RCL has also teamed up with Universal to do a land and sea package, I am not sure what your children's ages are.

Disney Cruise is fun too, I love their island over RCL and of course my son loves the aqua duc.

Quoting RMT1995:

midwestern_mama
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

When we started tossing the idea around we were solely thinking about the disney Fantasy because it is more modern and on beach type vacations I tend to lean towards luxury but I've seen the videos and pictures of the refurbished Magic so now I'm kinda unsure which boat I'd be leaning towards.  Anyway, there are 5 of us and we were looking at the staterooms with an ocean view but not a balcony.  I have a daughter that is a climber so we can not have a balcony, I'm kinda unsure when as we already booked a sorta family reunion in the Outerbanks during the spring so maybe late summer, early fall or even late winter 2015.  I feel like I have another question but I'm kinda drawing a blank right now.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Depends on how many people are in a cabin. Most cabins are based on double occupancy at least, so if only one person is in a room they pay more. Though the 3rd and 4th person always pay less than the first two, though most cruise will just lower the price per person.

If you give me a little more information I could price out a cruise for you the best. Of course Aug-Nov are the cheaper times for cruise.

Your choices are

Magic (just referbished) Bahamahs or Carribean 3, 4, 5, & 7 day Cruise (3 & 4 are Bahamahs) out of Flordia, it also goes to Spain and Italy

Wonder goes Bahamahs or Carribean out of Florida, though also does Alaska in the summer 3 & 4 days in the Bahamahs (mostly Bahamahs)

Fantasy is always the Carribean 7 days out of Florida

Dreams is always Bahamahs 3 and 4 days out of Florida

The Magic and Wonder are cheaper to sail as they are older ships, though the Magic just got redone and if it becomes popular will probably start to rise in price.

Fantasy and Dream are more modern so their price run about $50 per person for the same type of cruise more than the other two.

Quoting midwestern_mama:

midwestern_mama
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I've actually read that because Disney doesn't offer gambling it raises the price of their cruise line.  

Quoting RMT1995:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)