Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chef mickey

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 17 Replies
It has been decided that we will be staying at the bay lake towers. Chef mickey's looks like a lot of fun. If you have done it,how was it?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM
We went three yrs ago for breakfast and liked it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LS1030
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM
We've been there for breakfast, which was good...a typical Disney buffet breakfast. It's great for seeing the main characters without having to wait in a line.
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Its traditional buffet food. We have stopped doing buffets at Disney as a huge pet peeve often is kids who are allowed to run about, touch food.
mamakate1981
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I just question if the money is worth it because my 9 yr old eats like bird and when my other 2 get distracted they hardly eat. But it would be great to see the characters w/ out a line.
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
That's the "magic" of Disney. If you don't want to wait in line for an hour or you can spend $80 dollars for a mediocre breakfast

Quoting mamakate1981:

I just question if the money is worth it because my 9 yr old eats like bird and when my other 2 get distracted they hardly eat. But it would be great to see the characters w/ out a line.

spunky946
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM

We love breakfast there.  We always do a late breakfast around 11 so we use it as a brunch.

peanuteb
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I did both dinners and breakfasts there.  It is costly for people that dont eat, but it is a good character experience.  You get to meet them close up and personal without standing in line.  They come to your table, pose for pictures and sign autographs. My little neice loved it.

emmypaige
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Chef Mickey's was my least favorite character breakfast. The characters are cute of course, but I found the food choices limited in comparison. I didn't care for the way the buffet line was set up either it was very hectic overall. I will say even though it was my least favorite it was still fun. I love Cape May Cafe's character breakfast most, and 1900 park fare was good too for the characters being more unique.
mbrowne1
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I like Chef Mickey's myself. We did supper there quite a few years ago now and simply keep switching off which character meals we do each time we go. I think my favorite character breakfast was Tusker House at AK. That was a good one. You get the best bang for your buck on character meals when you purchase a dining plan. We always get the plan, so I never have to feel guilty about how much the individual meal cost. 

sha_lyn68
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Honestly, not only was it some of the worst food I've ever had in my life, the food was so luke warm and the buffet so filthy that I was surprised we didn't get food poisoning. The service was non-existent and it took over 2 hours for the characters to come into the room we were in. We could see them down in the main area and go in and out of the side rooms several ties but it was like they didn't even know that the room we were in existed(we were in the room behind the buffet). We would have complained to our waiter, but we didn't see him again for 2.5 hrs him agin until 2.5 hrs after he brought our drinks to the table. Aparently we were there on just a very off night, but the expereince was so bad that we refuse to go back. This was in April 2000

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)