Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of splitting my time between Universal and WDW - how would plan it?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Since the Disney folks have snubbed me for free dining, I think we are going to check out Universal for a few days instead of a full week at Disney.

So thinking the last week in August (yes, I know hot as heck).  So four days at WDW, then the rest at Universal?  Or should I start out at Universal?  I want to stay on-site at both resorts.

So, anyone have experience with this?  Advice?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I know another mom did this with her DD. I would decide based on crowd calender. See which looks best. I don't think it would really matter which way you went.
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I haven't done that, but I don't see it really mattering which you do first. Either way I think it would all be busy.

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Last year for spring break, my family did 2 days at universal and 4 days at disney. No break in between. It was exhausting and we felt like we needed a vacation again when we came home. There were about 15 of us so we stayed in a rental house, not onsite. Universal completely spoiled us. I don't know how they manage their lines that is so much better, but it was almost just as crowded as Disney and we never spent more than 40 minutes in a line and that was rare. I wouldn't suggest trying to do full days at every park like we did. Get your must do's done and then rest for the next park

Mrs_Reynolds
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM

If you are staying at a Disney World Resort or at an Orlando Area Hotel, you can purchase the 1-Day or 2-Day Park to Park tickets that include roundtrip transportation to Universal Orlando.  This is a savings up to $200 on transportation!

This ticket includes transportation via Mears transfers, Park Hopping, and admission into both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. 

Universal Orlando Tickets with Shuttle Transportation Prices: 

1-Day/2-Park Pass with Roundtrip Transportation
$148.04 per adult / $141.65 per child (ages 3-9) includes tax

2-Day/2-Park Pass with Roundtrip Transportation
$179.97 per adult / $169.32 per child (ages 3-9) includes tax

You can book this through RMH Travel, along with booking a hotel at WDW and one at Universal.

When you book with RMH Travel you also get a $50 Gift Card

I'm curious about Universal and Sea World so I had asked my travel agent.

snowpeasmom
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Depending on the Ages of the children would help me decided. When I did both I didnt switch hotels I stayed at Disney And rented a car, I did 2 days Disney 2 days universal and 3 more days disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I can imagine that switching hotels would be a pain and waste a good amount of your valuable park time. I would try to stay at one and rent a car or call a cab to get to the other parks. And putting the universal parks between the Disney parks would be a good change of pace. If you're doing Animal Kingdom, I would do that the last day since it closes early and use that down time to rest
mamakate1981
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I personally think it would be a hassle to do both unless you are staying off site in a hotel is between both universal and wdw. We switched hotels once 1/2 way through our stay and it ate up a good almost 1/2 of one day, And renting a car or taking a taxi cost extra money where as if u just stay in disney then you save that money. We tried to do universal once and it was a hassle by the time we called the van service and it came then getting there and getting situated. we really felt rushed and like it wasn't worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)