Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Service

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 30 Replies

My trip is coming up so I've started looking at the quick service menus so that I could get an idea of what places would be good for my picky eaters.  I've noticed that while some menus seem unique and interesting some seem pretty generic and in general the kids menus don't really have much variety.  Are the generic menu items that you see repeated several times on the kid and adult menus at the parks basically the same food taking into consideration minor differences?  Lastly, what quick service is your favorite taking into consideration menu, seating, etc?  Thanks in advance for any responses. 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Yes you can generally get the same child item at several locations. I like Flaming Tree at Animal Kingdom, Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios, and at Epcot I like Mexican and Japan quick service. I am the odd one out there is nothing over all that i find amazing at Magic Kingdom so where every we are when we get hunger we eat, nothing is really bad or really that amazing to me at lease.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM
I agree. The food is mediocre. But you are not there for a fine dining experience. They do their best but its more like chain restaurant meals than something prepared by a great chef.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Yes you can generally get the same child item at several locations. I like Flaming Tree at Animal Kingdom, Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios, and at Epcot I like Mexican and Japan quick service. I am the odd one out there is nothing over all that i find amazing at Magic Kingdom so where every we are when we get hunger we eat, nothing is really bad or really that amazing to me at lease.

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately the quick service locations in the parks have a tendency to repeat the kids menus. Our children are 5 and almost 4 and sometimes they just don't want what's on the kids menu so I'll split an adult menu item with them if they want something off of that.

Our favorites are:

MK : Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays( it's good for sandwiches and such), Casey's hot dogs are decent enough.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Mexico (our favorite), and the new renovated French bakery place.

HS - not much here but we do like Faire Fax Faire, Starring Rolls in a pinch, and Backlot Express.

AK - we only eat at the Flame Tree BBQ when there.

DTD - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express are must-dos!
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Its true that the kids meals are the chicken fingers, pizza options. Most kids only eat that stuff so disney and most places see it as a safe bet. We have actually swapped two kids meals for an adult and let kids split. Some CM's will, others won't. We also has one of the kids get an app instead of a meal. Most of the time we get the two adult and two kids and split between all of us.

Some kids can eat nuggets everyday. Mine would revolt.

Quoting crazybones27:

Unfortunately the quick service locations in the parks have a tendency to repeat the kids menus. Our children are 5 and almost 4 and sometimes they just don't want what's on the kids menu so I'll split an adult menu item with them if they want something off of that.

Our favorites are:

MK : Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays( it's good for sandwiches and such), Casey's hot dogs are decent enough.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, Mexico (our favorite), and the new renovated French bakery place.

HS - not much here but we do like Faire Fax Faire, Starring Rolls in a pinch, and Backlot Express.

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

At MK we like Cosmic Rays.  Yeah the food is good but not great, but we like to sit were we can see the animatronic musician and be entertained while we eat.

At Epcot The Electric Umbrella.

At HS the ABC Commissary and Pizza Planet

I have not had QS at AK.

If you go to DTD, we go there after AK.  Wolfgang PuckĀ® Express at Downtown Disney Marketplace is great.  It count as a QS credit on the dining plan, but after you place your order at the counter and get your drinks, you can sit down and within a few minutes(faster than a TS) you are brought out your meal/s.

midwestern_mama
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

That's helpful to know.  I was trying to find the places to avoid rather than pick the places I want to eat.  I wanted to avoid making 3 different stops one meal.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

I agree. The food is mediocre. But you are not there for a fine dining experience. They do their best but its more like chain restaurant meals than something prepared by a great chef.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

midwestern_mama
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I was actually thinking that I might just order an adult item and split it among my three kids at times.  They're pretty picky but they probably won't enjoy hot dogs, nuggets and pizza for 10 days.  Do you do the meal plan and if so do you ever get snack items and eat them as a light meal?  I've noticed some of the quick services have nachos, fries, soups, pastries, pretzels?  Also, I've read about an amazing bakery in epcot, is that French one you listed?  

And Thanks for the recommendations, some of these were actually on my list of quick service restaurants.

Quoting crazybones27:

Our favorites are:

midwestern_mama
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Thanks awesomemommy.   I was wondering if I could swap things.  My kids do like that stuff but not everyday for 2 meals a day.  I've noticed some places have fruit plates, salads on the adult menu.  Would you say those are large enough to split between 3 small kids along with maybe something's of the kids menu?

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Its true that the kids meals are the chicken fingers, pizza options. Most kids only eat that stuff so disney and most places see it as a safe bet. We have actually swapped two kids meals for an adult and let kids split. Some CM's will, others won't. We also has one of the kids get an app instead of a meal. Most of the time we get the two adult and two kids and split between all of us.

Some kids can eat nuggets everyday. Mine would revolt.

Quoting crazybones27:

Our favorites are:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM
The only place we make more than one stop is Epcot as hubby and I have different favorites there. I love tangerine cafe but hubby is not a fan but they have a great outdoor eating area so he usually picks himself something at America and we eat at Morocco. And if you do need to go to two send hubby to one with your order and you go to the other. There are a ton of apps that have the menus for your phone so you can quickly pull up menus. We usually do that when waiting.

Quoting midwestern_mama:

That's helpful to know.  I was trying to find the places to avoid rather than pick the places I want to eat.  I wanted to avoid making 3 different stops one meal.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

midwestern_mama
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Thanks so much for the recommendations.  

Quoting nova.mommy:

At MK we like Cosmic Rays.  Yeah the food is good but not great, but we like to sit were we can see the animatronic musician and be entertained while we eat.

At Epcot The Electric Umbrella.

At HS the ABC Commissary and Pizza Planet

I have not had QS at AK.

If you go to DTD, we go there after AK.  Wolfgang PuckĀ® Express at Downtown Disney Marketplace is great.  It count as a QS credit on the dining plan, but after you place your order at the counter and get your drinks, you can sit down and within a few minutes(faster than a TS) you are brought out your meal/s.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)