Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about Jan-Feb trips

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
what happens if flights are postponed due to bad weather...do you just lose your disney days you missed?
Energygirl :)
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you take insurance.
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

So sorry to say yes if you don't have that insurance and if I was going to have to fly into FL from anywhere during the summer and winter I would get trip insurance....

energygirl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM

do you have to go through a travel agent for the insurance then...or is that through the airline itself?

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I have no idea about direct through the airline. I am a TA and use a company called Allainz. If you want I can price it for you. PM me.

Quoting energygirl:

do you have to go through a travel agent for the insurance then...or is that through the airline itself?

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

If you book through Disney you can get travel insurance through them as well.  My friend had her flight cancelled and they came in the next day.  Disney adjusted her package and she had no problem.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hopefully one of the TAs in our group will answer this cause this was a recent topic in one of my FB groups. Apparently rules are changing involving trip insurance and being 2 days out. I dont know the specific details but from what they were saying you would loose it. Not sure if that is for just trips that have to be cancelled. 

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM
The company that I usually write has this as one of their covered items. Its for more than a 24 hour delay. You have to read the specifics of the policy and make sure that it fits your needs.

"Complete Cessation of Services by Your Common Carrier for 24 or more hours due to a strike, natural disaster, bad weather or FAA mandated shutdown."

Quoting angelmom224:

Hopefully one of the TAs in our group will answer this cause this was a recent topic in one of my FB groups. Apparently rules are changing involving trip insurance and being 2 days out. I dont know the specific details but from what they were saying you would loose it. Not sure if that is for just trips that have to be cancelled. 

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I would say you have to have insurance

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM
You really need to weigh that option and do some math. We are in NJ but can fly out of 3 nearby airports. So in the event of snow the longest delays here have been less than a day. If you have an extra day with no park the only thing you lose is the room rate which isn't all that much.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I would say you have to have insurance

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

right like i said i dont know specifics about the policies. I was just saying i know there has been changes made involving trip insurance. and that might just be the one that is bought through disney. 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

The company that I usually write has this as one of their covered items. Its for more than a 24 hour delay. You have to read the specifics of the policy and make sure that it fits your needs.

"Complete Cessation of Services by Your Common Carrier for 24 or more hours due to a strike, natural disaster, bad weather or FAA mandated shutdown."

Quoting angelmom224:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)